I Have Invented The Best Brake Lever In The World !

$IL3NT.

Right i decided to design this because my finger was slipping on the brake lever because my gloves were wearing down fast.

But i think i have come up with a solution. :D Using the right materials i dont think the brake lever will become much weaker at all.

The picture i have drawn below is a brake lever with a peice of metal cut out where your finger would go and replaced with a peice of rubber, to give you a much more stronger grip on the lever. p.s it isnt the best of pictures i did it on paint :ermm:....

CLICK THE PICTURE TO ENLARGE !!

IPB Image

also for the price of just a peice of metal the people who make them could like pimp them up abit :D

and if they were to be sold there could be a few sets of spare rubber parts for wear after time :D

Edited by $IL3NT.

Get some decent gloves?

Or don't ride with gloves at all?

im not going to ride without gloves, blisters sting like hell and i cant keep buying new gloves every 2 weeks they dont come cheap !!

i ride so much i wear them down so fast :P

i might even make this brake idea myself and post it in a new topic in the future some time with some pics :P

and the glovs i have are the camoflage style "troy lee design" gloves

Edited by $IL3NT.

ride, without glove, get some callases on your hands, and soon you dont even feel the grips, just toughen your hands ur and the brakes wont be a problem. Although it is a good idea and i think that you should send it off to a brake manufacturer, see if they are interested, but if you do, get it copywrited otherwise the nice people at where-ever you send your idea will steal it.

Although it is a good idea and i think that you should send it off to a brake manufacturer, see if they are interested, but if you do, get it copywrited otherwise the nice people at where-ever you send your idea will steal it.

Do you know how much a patent costs?

It's a lot more than your going to make from a soloution to a problem that hardly exists.

As said, decent gloves wont wear down fast, or just toughen up your hands and ride without.

...not to mention the "cup" bit on RB levers feels like it's gently holding your finger in place ever. If they knew how to make seals, I'd be running 3 of their levers just for the sake of it.

Have a look at this then. Pictures should be enough for you to understand the problem and what to do with a damaged lever. As far as I know, this lad has been using his for over 2 years and it's fine. It's not a matter of seals.

Have a look at this then. Pictures should be enough for you to understand the problem and what to do with a damaged lever. As far as I know, this lad has been using his for over 2 years and it's fine. It's not a matter of seals.

Is that the "fix" where you basically polish the cylinder body and fire some new seals in? Only downside with that is that apparently it can be 'too' smooth, and so the seals don't sit in there properly. Either way, just a load of hassle for a pretty spongey feeling lever. If the Fresh lever didn't have a Mount Everest machined onto the front of 'em I'd probably go for them, but other than that I'm just gonna stick with my '04 lever...

Thats an idea I had never thought of, the plaster round the lever thing. Might give it a try and see how it feels.

I used to have to ride with gloves cos of blisters, which I didn't really like having to do, until I tried some foam grips (Ritchey WCS Truegrip) which turned out to be a lot nicer so I don't use gloves any more (except when its cold!).

I've seen a lot of people complaining that foam grips rip, but mine have lasted over a year...

Thats an idea I had never thought of, the plaster round the lever thing. Might give it a try and see how it feels.

I used to have to ride with gloves cos of blisters, which I didn't really like having to do, until I tried some foam grips (Ritchey WCS Truegrip) which turned out to be a lot nicer so I don't use gloves any more (except when its cold!).

I've seen a lot of people complaining that foam grips rip, but mine have lasted over a year...

The WCS foam grips are quite a lot thicker than Monty foams though, so they're harder to tear apart (Y)