White Rim Tape?!

trialsguru

Could be quite a pain to sort out though? One side is sticky and the other isn't. May attract dirt?

Maybe use some white ribbon or other material and put some tape round that to stick it in. So only the ribbon shows through the rim holes.

Thats why you pull it off in a big enough loop to go round the entire rim (shiny side facing the holes) and stick the tape to itself, then proceed to use another layer of tape, only this time you stick the sticky side to the original tapes sticky side.

You end up with double thickness tape with two shiny sides.

Not exactly rocket science ey ;)

Edited by Krisboats

Thats why you pull it off in a big enough loop to go round the entire rim (shiny side facing the holes) and stick the tape to itself, then proceed to use another layer of tape, only this time you stick the sticky side to the original tapes sticky side.

You end up with double thickness tape with two shiny sides.

Not exactly rocket science ey ;)

Thats what i meant with being a pain to sort out. Think about it. Could be quite annoying with fixing the tape down then going round the rim then the tape coming unstuck.

I'll go with the ribbon technique myself. But all to their own. :lol:

How will it become unstuck... i dont get what you mean... you leave it shiny side down facing the holes and go all the way round the rim with it holding the end in place with your thumb. Once you get all the way round and go a couple of inches further the tape sticks to itself and you dont have to hold it any more.

It takes about 1-2 minutes per wheel if that and is waterproof... unlike ribbon.

And at 9p for an entire roll from wilko's its a bargain too

Maybe if you were holding the tape via your thumb then it would work and shouldn't come undone untill the tape gets all the way round.

But maybe if the tape wasn't wide enough you'd have to get it very straight so 2 lines of tape would need to be used parallel to each other to cover the whole service. If you get what i mean.

I now like ribbon even more :mellow: However i don't ride through deep pudles.

Doesn't matter what it's made from really i've even used paper before even that lasted quite while.

Nick

ooooh tape it is!

does anyone sell tape wide enough so i dont have i messy line down the middle of the holes where the tapes overlapping

cheers guys

The tape is quite thin so it tends to not show.

I am picky :lol:

But isn't wanting white rim tape also being picky :P

Just shut up, it works for EVERYONE else.

It's really not hard, you dont get 40mm holes or anythin' in your rim, so theres no need do it 5 times or whatever, it really is easy.

Your just stupid, ribbon.. LMAO.

Mat

Just shut up, it works for EVERYONE else.

It's really not hard, you dont get 40mm holes or anythin' in your rim, so theres no need do it 5 times or whatever, it really is easy.

Your just stupid, ribbon.. LMAO.

Mat

Never said it wouldn't work. Alright i will shut up about the ribbon idea. Was only having a laugh. (N)

Paper, now were talking.

ooooh tape it is!

does anyone sell tape wide enough so i dont have i messy line down the middle of the holes where the tapes overlapping

cheers guys

Gaffer, can get it about 50mm wide, I used some red stuff on mine. Had to mark it out on th eroll an get a stanley knife on it so when it peeled off it peeled at the right width. Is good stuff.