Stealth Plates

wayneone

Does anyone know where i can get one or some infomation on them?

By stealth plates i mean the number plates that have a pink tinge to them, when you drive though speed cameras becuase the speed camera has a pink flash it reflects the light and doesnt show your plate.

Anyone know anything?

Ahhh.... Also if i cant get a stealth one i would like one of the old school black and silver ones agan anyone know where you can get one of them?

Ahhh.... Also if i cant get a stealth one i would like one of the old school black and silver ones agan anyone know where you can get one of them?

The old school plates are certainly illegal on modern cars, i forget which year it is but it's somewhere in the 60's I think, hence why you don't (or shouldn't) see them on modern cars.

This sounds good.

Edited by adamtrials

I have heard these plates are usless and that you can see your plates on the negatives of the pictures? Dont have a clue if its true or what buit i personaly wouldnt like to run the risk.

Or another thing is, Each little white line counts for 10 MPH, so count them all up and aslong as you are going faster than the total you get at the end say thre are 16 little lines if your doing 175 you get away with it... so ive heard ... well thats what Jeromy Clarkson said on top gear once so it MUST be true.

Tom

Edited by Radfax

115 mph in a Fiat Punto? You're having a laugh

LONDON (Reuters) - A man accused by police of driving at 115 mph (185 kph) in a Fiat Punto thought the accusation so ridiculous he enlisted an expert driver to help prove his new car was incapable of going that fast.

Law student Steve Lucas, who risked a large fine and losing his driving licence if convicted of being so far over the 70 mph limit, said his small Fiat hatchback was just too slow to have reached such a speed, newspapers reported on Saturday.

"I was happy to put my hands up and admit that I was driving at 85 mph but the idea that my little Fiat Punto 1.2 litre could manage 115 mph was laughable," he was quoted as saying.

Lucas spent 18 months fighting the charges, hiring a traffic consultant to test drive his Punto on a private racecourse. He found the best the car could manage, going downhill with a following wind, was 104 mph.

Police were finally forced to drop the speeding charges, although Lucas was fined 40 pounds for driving without due care and attention.

HAHA!!! LEGEND!!!

18 months fighting and still got a 40 quid fine.

Not a very wise subject!

Talking about speeding and dodging getting caught speeding through speed cameras when someone on this forum died by stupid idiots speeding and joy riding!

I've been in too many cars when the driver is a twat and wants to show off. It's not clever and people get hurt one way or another.

Topic ended.

HAHA!!! LEGEND!!!

18 months fighting and still got a 40 quid fine.

you can actually get about 110/115 in 1.2 sport fiat punto's. Although this punto says it is a 1.2 everyone thinks there must be something wrong! lol But i reckon you could get more than 104 or whatever out of it.

you can actually get about 110/115 in 1.2 sport fiat punto's. Although this punto says it is a 1.2 everyone thinks there must be something wrong! lol But i reckon you could get more than 104 or whatever out of it.

Standard 1.2 8v punto..would never do 115. I Myself under the same circumstances as that guy have reached about 103-104 downhill on m25.

They are slow cars :( But i love mine :D