The "i'm About To Leave Home For Uni In A Strange City"

ScotchDave

Alrighty, basically I'm going to Bristol for uni and it's just occured to me I'm not gonna know where any of the good riding is...

So I guess I'm not the only one in this position

So in here write where you're going to uni and anyone who's going there or lives there can see and decide whether they want to move :- or whether they want to show you the spots. (Y)

I'm going to Bristol.

P.S. If this is a shit idea just lock the thread...

When I went to uni, I stopped riding for the first and drank waaaay too much and put on about 2 stone. Bad idea...

Try and keep it up. There are loads of riders in Bristol and you've chosen a great place to go riding!

Trials riders can always find spots to go riding :) That's what makes trials fun, seeing lines where others don't.

im off to nottingham in a couple of weeks, not sure if im taking the bike initially though. wil definately be coming down at some point though

You might as well, theres loads of riders around/near nottingham and their always having rides there.

I myself am going to loughborough uni, which is the same place i'll have been living at all my life so its other riders coming to me i guess :lol:

Specific Bristol Uni Thread

I'm off to Brizzle ma nizzle, so are a few others (see thread for more info) so we need to hook up and get things sorted methinks!

From the looks of things the riding's damn good, it's just a case of grabbing someone local and finding our way around to the spots.

Maybe sort out a massive trials reccy at some point during/after Freshers' perhaps?

You taking your bike straight away? Assuming there won't be tooo many problems with stashing it in my room (In a student house, not halls) :-

Bristol's relatively easy to find your way around, riding-wise. I was shown around there once, then managed to find all the main spots on my own when I went down next. Such a loner :

But yeah, if you try and get to a central-ish spot like Temple Meads, it's pretty easy to get to all the spots from there. That's also where the group rides usually start (Y)

I'm getting my sorry arse to London, can't wait :) Leave this Sunday, ride this Monday :D Already know a few spots around there, plus I've got an A->Z and some googlemap printoffs. Detailed operation ;)

Good work!

I'm sure with a small handful of us we can find a few spots easily enough, and as soon as we ride with someone else who's ridden Bristol we're even more sorted!

Still waiting for them to say about bike storage in this place I'm staying, but think I may just take it and say "well you didn't say not to, and I need transport...." etc etc :P

Good work!

I'm sure with a small handful of us we can find a few spots easily enough, and as soon as we ride with someone else who's ridden Bristol we're even more sorted!

Still waiting for them to say about bike storage in this place I'm staying, but think I may just take it and say "well you didn't say not to, and I need transport...." etc etc :P

They usually have some sort of storage. Either way, if you're stealth you should get away with having it in your room. Just have it so it's "on it's back" so to speak, so the bars are on the floor with the back wheel, meaning it's harder to knock over (they don't like tyre marks on stuff, or damaged walls, so it's more stable like that), then just chuck a blanket or something over it...

If it's got it's wheels off it's "bike parts" and you're technically allowed them in halls anyway ;);)

If it's got it's wheels off it's "bike parts" and you're technically allowed them in halls anyway ;);)

Meh, so long as it looks something like a massive cusion with "ornamental metal bits sticking out here and there" I'm sure it will be fine!

If there's room between guitars/bags etc I'll just throw it in the back of the car on the way up, if the worst happens can always get it next time I'm down! (Bit over an hour or so drive, not really the end of the world!)

Can't wait though, for the actual work side of things nearly as much as the riding/social side of things [which is slightly worrying really!] :ermm: