Family

Chris Elson

Hi

I just wanted to start a topic on what your family think about trials, my mum and dad dont really know what it is , they just think i hop up and down on the back wheel. It would be good to know what your family think about it, quite funny really. :lol:

Thanks (Y)

Edited by chris121

my mum just thinks the bikes way too small for me, my dad knows whats what 'cos he takes me to comps. my auntie and uncle got intrested when they saw me drop off my shed roof like 4month ago, eversince then they've wanted to go to a comp and watch...

haha good topic (Y)

my dad is the best.he knows basically everyone except for not very well known street riders.

speeks to ashton kenny belaey gavin bedford sam wheeler tim pratt gilles wolfe jon shrewsbury etc etc.

he helps me out with all of my parts and is very happy to take me places in the car to practice.he helps with cleaning and fixing my bike whenever broken.he probably knows as much as i do about bikes :lol:

my mum is cool wit it all too as long as i wear my helmet! i try to keep things that happen away from her...like falling off because she gets all "you be carefull" you know.

my mates mum is legend.real funny she knows the differencr to mod and stock the parts on the bike and why the brakes squeek.haha.she helps out with my mates stuff to..buying prety much all of his parts for his bike.shes great and is into it too.

max..... :rolleyes:

My parents laugh at the the trials bike but not the bmx - i think it's got something to do with aluminium being gay. I left home years ago anyway so I don't really talk to them about it.

My missus bollocks me for damaging myself, getting blood on the sheets, leaving bits of bike all over the kitchen, spending what she sees as 'girlfriend present money' on bike bits and smelling bad when i come back from riding.

She likes that i'm relatively healthy, have bigger muscles and more special stamina than i used to though so it all evens out.

Haha, cool topic.

My dads an XC jay boy, so gets how hard it is to do all this stuff, and is a bit of a legend about it. although as far as helping me outs conserned, he'll lend me money, but hes always like ''you change you're bike every 30 seconds'' because he doesnt get that its not like XC where u can keep a frame for years and years. As far as mechanics go I end up fixing his bike lol.

My brother thinks its pretty cool, because some of his mates ride jump and stuff.

My mums also pretty cool with it, untill I hurt myself, but that normaly results in some free pads or something like that. lol, like last yeah I tore a bunch of ligaments in my ankle becuase my foot slipped on my pedel doing a stair drop, and I got a free set of shin/knee and elbow/arm pads and a full face (I ride freeride too). She still doesn't get that it was the dodgy old pedals fault and that body armour would have done cock all lol.

But they both always give me lifts places to ride, which rules!

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

:lol: ha ha , my girlfriend is always buying me parts , so far shes brought me a new chain, stem, pedals , and is always lending me money for parts.

If i need a new helmet , i just say " mum i need a new helmet, BUY me one or ill hit my head" :lol: and she does.

Edited by chris121

my parents dont give a crap really. they find it kewl to watch the vids but other than that its bye dont care what ur doing.

like poopipe my girlfriend loves it, loves watching vids and loves the muscles not saying anymore :D but i love doing trials so i dont care what any tom dick or harry thinks

up the trials (Y)

haha good topic (Y)

my dad is the best.he knows basically everyone except for not very well known street riders.

speeks to ashton kenny belaey gavin bedford sam wheeler tim pratt gilles wolfe jon shrewsbury etc etc.

he helps me out with all of my parts and is very happy to take me places in the car to practice.he helps with cleaning and fixing my bike whenever broken.he probably knows as much as i do about bikes :lol:

my mum is cool wit it all too as long as i wear my helmet! i try to keep things that happen away from her...like falling off because she gets all "you be carefull" you know.

my mates mum is legend.real funny she knows the differencr to mod and stock the parts on the bike and why the brakes squeek.haha.she helps out with my mates stuff to..buying prety much all of his parts for his bike.shes great and is into it too.

max..... :rolleyes:

Max your dads awesome! He knows his stuff.

My mum and dad are well into trials

my dads my minder and helps me out with my bike, everyone at the comps know him its well funny! :lol:

Same with my mum she observes so they all know her too.

The rest of my family like my cousins, aunties, uncles and grandparents are into motorbike trials, but they like watching me and my brother riding about on the montys lol

So all of my family think biketrials is cool :thumbsup:

Hey All

finally getting to use the computer its only been a year!! My dads got be the keenist dad on the planet if you know me you will know what he's like he always helps me out. he built me the best pratice area going and has took me all over place to ride. it's never been a problem to him.

rick

the nearest my family get to trials is going on bike rides round the block although me and my dad have done a few endurance races but he can't really keep up any more lol, owel he still enjoys it. as for trials they know what i do they just don't really care as long as it's not to expensive and i'm not asking for their money. lol

my dads kool with it all ,he buys me stuff, takes me places, knows some stuff, fixes everything, also likes to ride my dirt jumper around and has one of the lotus' that did the tour de france.

my MUM thinks im gonna kill myself and if i go anywhere without my helmet saying "you be careful!" :blink:

she is buying me my T-pro though :D

She likes watching the vids too and cant understand why they dont have saddles.

My dad and my mum (kind of), like taking me places because whenever i go to practice, my dad takes motobike and rides, like addigham and places like that and when comps are on my dad and sometimes mum observe. They also buy me parts sometime but only if i need em like they wont buy me a new rim just because its a cool colour.

Matt Rushton