My Work In Progress

' Mart '

hey,

well when i started trials i started on my monty and i eventually out grew that and swapped with a friend of mine for his zoot,

this is what it first looked like when i got it:

IPB Image

well that was fine for a while but i got bored of blue and yellow and well it just got scratched and looked horrible

and me being me i just got tired of looking at it :P so eventually i blew up my DDG rear hub i decided it was time for a change,

so i first stripped down my frame and forks because the plan was to polish everything but then i saw a picture of a Zoo Python in matt black and well things had to change, i sprayed my frame matt black and my girlfriend polished my forks and stem and magura cyclinders

since then the spec of the bike has change considerably so heres a new spec with some recent pics;

Frame: Onza Zoot, Sprayed Matt Black

Forks: Onza 24" Stripped And Polished

Headset: FSA Pig

Stem: Monty, Polished

HandleBars: Onza Carbon Flat Bars

Front Brake: Magura Louise, A2Z +40mm Adapter, Hope 200mm Disk

Rear Brake: RB Carbon Lever, Braided Hose(In Post), Polished Cyclinders, Koxx Browns, VIZ Brake Mount's

Cranks: Tensile 175mm, UCI Bashring, Tensile Freewheel (yes im running FFW on a 24")

Chain: KHE Collapse

Front Wheel: Standard DDG Disk Hub, 24" Reggie Rim, White Rim Tape

Rear Wheel: Dmr Revolver Disk Hub, 24" Ronnie Rim, White Rim Tape, Surly 14t Rear Sprocket

Pedals: Azonic Flat Pedals

Chain Tensioner: Surly

Onza Stem Stackers, And 2 Tartybike Chain Stay Protectors

Anyways Here's The Pic's

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

i nitromorsed the frame, as i was gonna polish it, but then i just sanded down the frame sprayed a red primer as to make the black slightly darker then sprayed the black and left it to harden i didnt laquer it as to keep the matt affect

ill get a full size pic asap as for now this is the best ive got

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

was also thinkin of drillin the sidewalls on the front and spraying the whole rim black??

what you reckon??

yea looks realy good, ive just prayed my zona black about 1 mounth ago, and i loved how that turened out, i think black is a very nice coulour, plus your bike looks very smart with all the new parts!

i nitromorsed the frame, as i was gonna polish it, but then i just sanded down the frame sprayed a red primer as to make the black slightly darker then sprayed the black and left it to harden i didnt laquer it as to keep the matt affect

ill get a full size pic asap as for now this is the best ive got

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

was also thinkin of drillin the sidewalls on the front and spraying the whole rim black??

what you reckon??

personally i think you should leave the side walls! incase you make a mees of them, but if you measure it up proporly and do it correctly and take your time then go for it!

just gotta wait till tarty have my rim in stock and can build wheels then it sould be ready

i know the chain is the wrong way round, but i hate having to undo the split link :P

my girlfriend spent about a day wet sanding the forks with finer and finer sandpaper and then used AUTOGLYM Metal Polish and a pad bought from halfords, but never used the pad as my girlfriend just used her arms and they came out amazing, same can be said about the stem

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the look of it. Definately looks better than standard colour though.

what arnt you sure about joe?

what would you change, always open to suggestion's

looks great dude , far better than it did before . how did you go about painting it?im wanting to paint my frame like yours is

Looks well nice (Y) like it :D

is it just me or have got a disk lever on a magura :S always thought of doing that :lol:

what pads are they on the rear

put some more pics on when it is built up (Y)(Y)(Y)

no man i have an rb carbon lever on the rear and a magura louise brake lever on a magura louise lol,

there koxx browns' best pads ever, alto i like viz yellows now