Anyone Had A Red Koxx Stolen?

planet x alan

found this, think its possibly stolen, looking at all the spelling mistakes and the fact that the seller has no clue about the bike apart from its a koxx trials bike,

either way he is gonna have trouble selling it with such little information.

i might be wrong, but it just looked a bit suspicious.

EDIT: the description has been changed

Edited by planet x alan

Notice he doesn't say about any parts that don't have their name written on.

For example the forks. If they had 'echo' or 'zoo' written down the side on them then maybe he would have listed them.

or maybe they are lame forks so he didn't describe them.

But yes the lack of description isn't a great selling point so maybe it is stolen. Hopefully not and the kid is just dumb.

I will ask him if he could list me a better spec. I will edit when i get a reply.

How about leave him the f**k alone?

if that was your bike there you wouldnt be like "leave him the f**k alone"

basically if something looks a bit suspicious then dont you think its worth taking the trouble to double check. yes he said it was long etc etc but maybe he has done a little bit of homework into the frame or whatever. lighten up!

Edited by planet x alan

it's got to be someones dad selling there bike or summat they even bothered to measure the wheelbase

It didn't say wheel base or anything, when this topic was first posted.

He must of changed it when people started asking him questions.

Size long, GT 'DX -like' pedals.

Who knows koxx's come in long and short other than trials riders?

Who know's DX 'like' pedals other than genuine bikers?

I hate post's like this, and incase your not sure, I don't believe the bike is stolen......

When my bike was stolen, and when I found it on eBay, the guy had a pretty good description of it.

And I knew for sure that it was mine. As there was NO other Zona with that Spec.

When I contacted Tartybikes about it, they told me some guy rang up asking how much a bike with a certain spec was worth. - My bike.

I'm guessing he searched 'Zona Zip' on Google, and then found a link to Tartybikes (as they sold them still at the time)

So this guy could've easily done the same, searched 'Koxx' on Google, and found out some basic info' on the bike.

If it is anyone's bike on here, I hope it ends up like my story did.

Also, Koxx's don't come in red, do they?

Surely the 'custom spray job' would be described in the description?

Unless it has a very shit spray by this guy... :ermm:

EDIT: Just noticed he put those cranks as '165mm' When they only come in 160, or 170...

Sent him an e-mail, basically asking what the name of the sport is called for that type of bike, the model name of that 'Koxx' frame, what BB is it? what forks...

;)

Edited by Dan6061

What frame is it?

It looks slightly different somehow to a levelboss :S or maybe its just the redness or my imagination

Bare in mind just because you're dyslexic doesn't mean you cant sell a bike on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/onza-trials-bike-two...1QQcmdZViewItem < I think thats funny as the t-bird is described as top of the range ;):D

Edited by PaRtZ

Reply to my email I sent him:

this is a trials bike the forks are koxx

the bb is a standard mtb type bb bike square taper type.

the frunt brake is hydrolic magera louise

the back is a direct mounted hs 33 also magera

this is a hi end 20 inch (this refers to wheel size not frame) trials bike if you would like more in fo on trials there is loads on the net if you put trials in to google there are loads of good sites with bike revues and pics and vids

hope i have been of some help

hmmm... :ermm:

Its very rare that a stolen trial bike will ever end up on ebay. It will just be sold between people for very little money and end up dumped somewhere.Thieves dont have time/skills for ebay unless someone bought it off them and decided to put it up. Looks genuine to me.

na mate, that has got to be stolen, because the spec is well mint, and to get a spec that wel... good he must no something about trials, as he told you to do, hes prob jus put trials in google and had a lil looky.... some1 who nos that little about trials does not end up with a koxx bike with maggies, echo cranks, koxx bars etc, theyd hav like sum shitty frame and like shimano parts like when i first started, i thnk that bike is suuuper dodgy.... well cheers m8s

na mate, that has got to be stolen, because the spec is well mint, and to get a spec that wel... good he must no something about trials, as he told you to do, hes prob jus put trials in google and had a lil looky.... some1 who nos that little about trials does not end up with a koxx bike with maggies, echo cranks, koxx bars etc, theyd hav like sum shitty frame and like shimano parts like when i first started, i thnk that bike is suuuper dodgy.... well cheers m8s

:huh: huh

Wait how does he know its a square taper BB? unless he's

a) in the know ;)

B) Got an 8mm allen key and undone the crank...just to see what bb it is? :S

c) Lucky guessser

I reckon leave him its probably not stolen but being sold by someone else whos related ie dad