160,000,000 Pixel Camera Anyone?

Wright Pads

Just to highlight a few points here.

SCSI in 5 + 1 is pointless, and you would need 6 drives at least. As raid one is mirroring, and raid 5 - which needs 3 drives atleast - has its own built in redundancy, so 2 drives work as one and the 3rd drive is a parity drive.

And SCSI flash drives are a new thing here. Got a link to them?

P.S If you are doubting my credentials. I am one of the mugs that answer the acer warranty, and my brother manages the acer server line, and I'm currently training for the server lines.

Edited by Orgun_Donor

SCSI in 5 + 1 is pointless, and you would need 6 drives at least. As raid one is mirroring, and raid 5 - which needs 3 drives atleast - has its own built in redundancy, so 2 drives work as one and the 3rd drive is a parity drive.

And SCSI flash drives are a new thing here. Got a link to them?

Absolutley right Orgun Donor. 5+1 is extreme paranoia, verging on uselessness.

Samsung have announced flash drives, but I doubt very much they'd develop SCSI versions, as they're intended for the notebook/portable market. Details here

Absolutley right Orgun Donor. 5+1 is extreme paranoia, verging on uselessness.

Samsung have announced flash drives, but I doubt very much they'd develop SCSI versions, as they're intended for the notebook/portable market. Details here

The only ones I have heard of on the market are one with flash memory for the boot sector. But not for the whole hard drives.

The only ones I have heard of on the market are one with flash memory for the boot sector. But not for the whole hard drives.

It's a move away from delicate hard disks for iPods and so on, improve battery life, reduce defective units, etc...

Given the current capacities, you'd have to be a speed freak to move away from a magnetic disk for your laptop.

It's a move away from delicate hard disks for iPods and so on, improve battery life, reduce defective units, etc...

Given the current capacities, you'd have to be a speed freak to move away from a magnetic disk for your laptop.

Yea just read that article, would be nice, bout would need about 5 to compete with the space of a normal laptop... then not really saving any battry power. And pointless in a RAID config seeing as they are PATA drives, and just wont work.

No one would laugh at you when you tell them you dropped more money on the camera then they did on their car. :blink:

My friend has a £92,000 piano, no one laughs at him...

Many of the people in this thread don't seem to get that it is a camera for professional use,

for people who require it's unique features :rolleyes:

Edited by adamtrials

My friend has a £92,000 on a piano, no one laughs at him...

Many of the people in this thread don't seem to get that it is a camera for professional use,

for people who require it's unique features :rolleyes:

except the guy that sold it to him :P

nah my sister plays piano and i tottally agree she spent 15k on a piano and it seems to have been well worth the money

the camera might be good and that but unless you were using it for work you would'nt have one what the hells the point. a 350d would suffice

There's not really much point in having that many pixels, surely it would only be used by pro's for things like bill boards etc? Talking of which what cameras do they use for them already?

Most normal cameras will blow up to billboard size. You have to keep in mind resolution. The eye can't see more than 300dpi, so that's what most photographs are printed at, a monitor is 72dpi, a bill board designed to be viewed from 50ft away may be 20dpi, or 10dpi...

Something of this resolution would be able to have a print billboard size that you could easily view from 2ft away... Very limited market...

£19,450.60 more expenisve then a Ford Focus ST top of the line model!!!

Thoughts?

no it isnt, and thats before all the optional extras you can whack on there!

make proper comparisons

ST-3 2.5i Duratec 20V (225PS) 6 speed manual F2 £20,395.00 (from the ford price guide)

still it is an expensive camera

I give you soemthing try and do, not destory and of my topics or post shit about. Got a problem talk to me directly for once! Oh wait yeah thats right you cant your not man enough to be an adult face to face. Few have tried but then cower off to other people. LMAO and you say your men!

Or sad enough to drive to Plymouth just to settle the argument aboutt a non existant camera?

The camera looks preety cool, absurdly massive, but the picture Adamtrials posted looks amazing.

Good ps'ing too rich_87 :lol:

SCSI has been out ages okay. If you think you know you PC stuff then you'll know this website run by a loads of twats. Most expensive place around but they got the stuff and SCSI is cheap.

SCSI Hard Drives

SCSI Controler Cards

For the very latest to have a Raid 0 setup it's well worth it!

Same as having a Raptor 150GB £300+ for one, they fail a lot too which sucks

Raid works no matter what, you have to run certan aps to notice it. IDE, ATA, PATA are the big thick nasty old type of conection aka the ribbon cable. This too can and will run in raid but when compared to SATA or SATA 2 raid is slow. Sata 2 with uptoo 3G/s and that in raid on an oc'd system with 1:1 ram and cpu will be nuts. Well no will be it is nuts.

Like i said try and prove me worng on pc stuff as of right now! I'm right at the extream side of it.

Well you seem to have for gotten you said you had 3 PATA thats parrallel ATA not SCSI. Thats a completely different interface.... ALL TOGETHER!!! The 3 Flash based hard drives you say you have can not be run on any of that hardware. PATA doesn't work with SCSI.

Oh yea... and where is a link to these drives you own? I'm still waiting on it.

EDIT - Oh yea and good google on Raid, after you had been completely proved wrong and that you didnt have raid 5 + 1, you now all of a sudden have raid 0!

Edited by Orgun_Donor

SCSI has been out ages you ''wiz kid''. It's been used on servers for years. No it's out for use at home and aint cheap but it's dam fast.

Really? My friends and I have been running SCSI at home for over ten years...

SCSI has been out ages okay. If you think you know you PC stuff then you'll know this website run by a loads of twats. Most expensive place around but they got the stuff and SCSI is cheap.

Like i said try and prove me worng on pc stuff as of right now! I'm right at the extream side of it.

No.....PATA, ATA is IDE old stlye hard drivers.

I run SATA, SATA II and SCSI

I've got RAID 0 on most of my rigs but on my Cloverdale rig i'm currently testing i have SCSI as Cloverdale is the newst Intel chip for servers. 2 cores, 8MB catch, faster than Conroe, faster than Kentisfiled (4 cores 8mb cacth). So i have to run it as server for the main testing then as i am now toying with what she can do a PC with Vista, and 4GB ram.

Think someone is fonderling my posts again!!! SCSI has been out about 15 years+, IBM was a big backer on it.

You can have any RAID setup you want! There any many combos you can run! I've done mirror, strip, cacth, bin, just names that have recently been put to the #+ setup. 5+1 i found on SCSI the most effective but also the most costly!

The only thing i have my self which is IDe, ATA, PATA is my Laptop but thats EIDE but again thats Dell for you. My new laptop when htey are realised is RAID 0,1 in SATA, Ultra ATA, Serial ATA

There is talks of renaming this all to one thing only as too many derogitive names for the conection are about.

What link might that be?

The link to these 3 flash drives and details on them, that you have.

And IDE and PATA is completely different interface, with different connection and transfer speeds. Thats saying that usb is the same as firewire! Or a ford is the same as a Ferrari! Its just 2 completely different things.

Ohh and you said you had 3 Flash drives in raid 5 + 1. Altho it is technically possible using partitions on the drives. it is absolutley pointless/useless, cause it just negates the whole point in having raid 5, and running raid 1 on 3 drives is again pointless, because of the insane partitioning you have to do and then provides no benifit!

Tell me why do you think running raid 5 + 1 is so good? As im completely baffeled as to why anyone would want to run it....