Skippying Or Pedal Hop And Sidehop

Louth Trials

two vital yet easy once to master moves.

sidehop: get both wheels level with drop,lean to side and hop. if drop higher than 2 foot make sure to land rear wheel first

pedal hop: do an endo(once mastered not neccesary) go on back wheel, release brake,pedal and hop.

for more help see www.trashzen.com

hope i have helped. :D

I met a weirdo once who called pedal hops skippy's. He kept going on about skippying off a wall and skippying over a gap, it was sooooo damn annoying.

Their called pedal hops mate ;)

As has already been said have a look at trashzen, you'll be alright from there.

You should go to scunny they're all like that lol ;)

kick hops, on the back wheel, with kicks

back hops, on the back wheel, no kicks, with brake on.

wheelie hops, pedaling rolling gaps, not bunnyhops, used for gaps, ups, and for momentum when going to front wheel

well thats what its like around here.

Edited by ash-kennard

sidehop: get both wheels level with drop,lean to side and hop. if drop higher than 2 foot make sure to land rear wheel first

errrm..! correct me if i am wrong but a sidehop is when you hop "sideways" up a wall ? Not lining up on the edge on a wall and swinging you back out then front?

errrm..! correct me if i am wrong but a sidehop is when you hop "sideways" up a wall ? Not lining up on the edge on a wall and swinging you back out then front?

Thats not what he said anyway, he said get parallel to the wall and hop sideways off it, there was no mention of swinging rear ends first or anything like that, he said if its a big drop land rear wheel first.

Sidehop drop gaps are gonna be the next biggest thing ;)

Edited by Krisboats

heyy.

before you try anything you need to find a comfatable point on the back wheel. the further back your butt the lower the bike needs to be and visa versa. after this try these points.

to hop on back wheel.

1. practice doing 1 hop. try not to jump to high as you dont realy need to get a lot of air off the floor, you just need to do a small hop

2. after you have one or two done keep going to see how many you can do(my record is about 19 so far)

3.after you have these try to balance on back wheel as long as you can and ride off from it.

4. when you have all these move onto the pedal kick.

to learn the pedal kick:

the easiest way i found to learn was to endo to get on back wheel and then jump a couple of times. then lower the front wheel while moving back a bit.

then you should kick the pedals forward while releasing back brake (hydrolic rim i recomend such as the magura hs33) for a few seconds and try to ROLE not jump just once.

after this you then use the same technique but thrust your body to the stem (not to far as could be very painful :D .)

after you can pedal kick this way try to get on back wheel by pedaling but don't keep kicking. practice balancing there for a few seconds before attempting to jump after. soon you can try to kick onto things such as curbs and small walls. don't try anything to big as it can be dangerous and harmful to your body.

hope i helped you mate and good luck with your riding (Y) .

sam