Skipiing Off High Stuf ?

cas

Are you Australian?

Sorry if i'm being ignorant but skippying is new to me.

Unless you mean skippering? But you'd need a boat for that.

Or kippering? Which is the art of catching kippers.

I dunno.

But for drops you don't want length, you wanna go straight down as close to the wall as possible, which'll make it alot smoother. Practise off kerbs, then onto higher and higher things as your confidence builds.

Buy Tricks and Stunts for all the tips you'd ever need.

Are you Australian?

Sorry if i'm being ignorant but skippying is new to me.

Unless you mean skippering? But you'd need a boat for that.

Or kippering? Which is the art of catching kippers.

I dunno.

But for drops you don't want length, you wanna go straight down as close to the wall as possible, which'll make it alot smoother. Practise off kerbs, then onto higher and higher things as your confidence builds.

Buy Tricks and Stunts for all the tips you'd ever need.

lol (Y)

i think he means pedal kicking.

if you do what you want to do is get as close to the edge as possable and lower the front of the bike quite low then push down hard on pedals and thrust your body towards stem. i see people tuck the bike to their body and then push it towars landing aswell so have a go at them. i think you get more distance from it

sam

I got that problem too. I get shorter when I'm gonna jump off things. It's just something you have to work with. Just practice on higher and higher ledges and things. After a while you get it.

It's your head that says it's more difficult to jump from that height. Or something like that

Hey, Yeah, I've heard it all called lots of different things just within one town, so not surprised to hear a new one ha ha, (although skipping sounds like I'd get it confused with freewheel/gear problems) not to mention you'd feel a tw*t telling someone you learned to skip the other day!

Anyway, what you need to do is to just learn to become controlled on the rear wheel, its much better and more comfortable to get to the edge with several small hops (or skips if you like) than one long one. So just get on the rear wheel, then edge your way towards the edge until you're rite at the edge, then tuck down and kick off the edge, and extend your arms/legs in the air so that you've got there full length to adsorb the drop smoothly.

Then once you get totally confident doing that, just for the hell of it, it can be fun to just do one larger hop to the edge, or even just role on the rear wheel up to the edge. :D

Hope I helped

Edit: Talking of large drops, I absailed down a 100ft cliff this morning!

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...