Stock Gear Ratio

coolbeen

Hello i have a stock run the gear ratio of 22/18 but i have been on some that have 18/15 and 18/16 do you find it easier using this ratio the 18 ones of the 22/18. i really like the 18/15 and i'm thinking about changing to it what would you say to do still with what i have or change it.

Thanks coolbeen :-:)

Hope I understood you, it was quite a challenge.

22:18 = 18:14.75

As you can see, there isn't much difference between 22:18 and 18:15.

I rode 22:18 a while ago and it was much much nicer than 18:16. Lots more power, easy to get to riding spots.

However, the way a ratio feels also depends on other things like bb rise and chainstay length.

wouldnt change it, will feel almost the same.

currently runnin 18-15t, which imo is about right, although i used to love 22-15t on the old monty urban. was great for power moves and streety stuff.

its all down to taste but as said above 22:18 wont be hardly any different to 18:15.spend the money on better stuff, unless ur changin your cranks anyway, in which case do it.

I am currently ridign 22/21 which seams really slippy now i have hered about yours? but i love this ratio anyway it is a mission to ride anyware but i guess a trials bike was not designed for that anyway? and once you are there you are laughing. :lol::lol:

Anyone able to tel me what ratio i would have to run if i do go to 18 at the front? :huh:

Hello i have a stock run the gear ratio of 22/18 but i have been on some that have 18/15 and 18/16 do you find it easier using this ratio the 18 ones of the 22/18. i really like the 18/15 and i'm thinking about changing to it what would you say to do still with what i have or change it.

Thanks coolbeen :-:)

i run 22:18 but maybe consider 22:16 i tried it once was a bit difficult for me though (Y)