2000bhp Big Block Chevy

Smo™

a supercharged mini moto might just do the quater mile in 7 days kinda close to that 7 second run.

Put the bugati veyron (sp?) in its place hey

Exactly what I was thinking - not sure how well that Chevy would put the power down but in terms of pure grunt I reckon it'd eat the Veyron easy.

no, theyre shift lights, and im guessing an oil pressure warning light.

engines running such SILLY power need BIG warning lights.... because if something goes wrong, you really want to see it INSTANTLY to hit the kill switch, i used to have big mini indicators as my ignition and oil lights in my race car....

the bigger the warning the sooner you see it!

engines running such SILLY power need BIG warning lights.... because if something goes wrong, you really want to see it INSTANTLY to hit the kill switch, i used to have big mini indicators as my ignition and oil lights in my race car....

Electric shock sensors are what you need then... or itty bitty flame throwers! :P

Mental stuff!

Check this car out - it's got a 522 ci TT engine producing 2000bhp (boost turned down to 10psi producing 1000bhp for road use). It runs a 7 sec quarter and sounds utterly gorgeous to boot.

Any idea on the exact quarter time?

Exactly what I was thinking - not sure how well that Chevy would put the power down but in terms of pure grunt I reckon it'd eat the Veyron easy.

He span the shit out of the wheels when he went from 3rd gear but that's on shitty suburb roads (you can see the car twisting sideways). If he's running slicks which he probably is as it's in America it would be very raceable on the strip. Big twin turbo cars like these weigh fecking shitloads too, all the extra equipment needed in a turbo car is very very heavy so that helps with traction.

Street drag cars here in the UK have to run treaded tyres as our laws are different, making our recent 1/4 mile performances very impressive ;)

Veyron would be easy meat for this in a straight line.

That engine sounded awesome, i would love an american car that purred like that, i would hate those giant red and yellow light block things though, if they're only lights couldn't that have used LED's or something :S

You can get LED models too, but they're just as bright. The shift light is very important in a race, you need to hit that shifter at the right time to stay in the powerband.

Yep, yellow light is shift light and red light is oil pressure warning. Red light comes on if the pressure drops to around 30psi or below. If you see that red light it's a race to turn everything off as fast as possible!!!! It's even more important with a turbo car due to the immense pressures in the rest of the system.

Street legal drag racing in this country is starting to turn out a few big twin turbo V8s, so far the 7s have been broken a couple of times but noone's consistent enough yet. Traction's a big problem when running treads with so much power. The engines are painfully expensive though, hence my dad still running on the ol' N2O (8.17@172 still B) )

• 2 weeks later...