Hope Pro 2 Spacing

hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the spacing of the hope pro 2 trials hub?

As i might be getting a 26'' mod frame and wanted to know wether my hub would fit?

All i know is that neil tunnicliffe is running a chris king in his but that may be a different story.

thanks

adam

Edited by thaoriginalgangsta

Pro II is a stock hub. Stocks are 135mm, mods 110mm. If Neil is running a Chris king then he is running a BMX chris King hub.

Your must think a bit more. Hope, Profile, Chris King all make differnt hubs for differnt frames, bmx, mod, stock (trials, dirt, dh etc) 150mm spacing, and tandems's. Just not all manafactures cover every size and aspect!

Pro II is a stock hub. Stocks are 135mm, mods 110mm. If Neil is running a Chris king then he is running a BMX chris King hub.

Your must think a bit more. Hope, Profile, Chris King all make differnt hubs for differnt frames, bmx, mod, stock (trials, dirt, dh etc) 150mm spacing, and tandems's. Just not all manafactures cover every size and aspect!

Wright pads, why is everything you reply always so confusing and always "right" :-

Yeah, its just that the 26'' mods are 116mm spacing thats why i was confused :S

Wright pads, why is everything you reply always so confusing and always "right" :-

How is that confusing? I duno! Like i said the other week or soemthing. When you've been in the Cycle Trade as long a si was, you'll know everything you need to know. Wright by name right by nature

How is that confusing? I duno! Like i said the other week or soemthing. When you've been in the Cycle Trade as long a si was, you'll know everything you need to know. Wright by name right by nature

Then you will know that BMX and Mod hubs..... are exactly the same! And how come on pretty much every computer related topic you get proved wrong? Head out of the clouds m8!

Neway on topic - Im riding a 24Seven Holroyd, and had numerous problem running cassette and single speed hubs. Im currently running a fixed hub with an ENO, and it be mint!

Edit - Spelling

Edited by Orgun_Donor

Then you will know that BMX and Mod hubs..... are exactly the same! And how come on pretty much every computer related topic you get proved wrong? Head out of the clouds m8!

Neway on topic - Im riding a 24Seven Holroyd, and had numerous problem running cassette and single speed hubs. Im currently running a fixed hub with an ENO, and it be mint!

Edit - Spelling

As Darren has poinbted out that this uber gay idea has many problems that he has encoutneres it's probs worth sticking to a stock rear end! The current setup he has is the only one i seen working best yet!

yup , he is indeed, theres even some pics of floating about somewhere, ill have a look for them for you.

I'd love to see this!

Your telling me his what bent the frame out by 25mm, 12.5mm ether side of the dropouts to make this work?

Bending steal frames is hard enough, bending an alloy one is tought!!!

Neil is using a chris king stock hub

so hes riding the 135mm pitbull? and who ever said hes using a stock hub can f**k off! your mistaken. it WILL be a bmx hub, it looks exactly the same as normal king its even got the same shell as a classic but im sorry i refuse to belive neil is stupid enuff squeeze a 135mm hub in a 110mm gap

HAHAHAHAHA you speculating fags.

The REAL story is, Neil has a 116mm spaced pitbull frame (MOD SPACING) and has a Chris King classic hub (usually 135mm). To make it fit, he has butchered the hub using an angle grinder taking it down to a size which fits into the frame.

Not a way in hell. Why

Chris King uses 2 differnt drive shells. 1 a std for the ISO, Classic, alloy or stainless steal. On the Single Speed and BMX hubs it uses a shorte one and thats alloy only.

Shells, any Classic or ISO shell can be used on a MTB, ROAD, TANDEM and BMX.

To make the BMX you need the smaller drive shell, ISO or Classic shell, and a BMX axle.

Neil could not of ground down the axle at all as the only side he has to work on is the non drive and it's not enough.

The drive shell has to shrink loads!

Don't belive me go ask chris king, go see there site, or ask tarty as he is the next guy on here that knows kings like i do!

By grinding it down, just like I said. He's taken as much as he can off both sides and it works.

Oh and by the way Pete, the BMX hub also has that exact same bearing cone. But I'm sure you knew that being in the business so long and all.

EDIT: He may have modified the driveshell, I can't remember all the details, but does it really matter? It fits and that's not even the point of this thread anyway.

Go buy the 135mm spaced frame and put your hope in it unless you're feeling ambitous/brave/stupid and are handy with grinders.

Edited by Shaun H

Just out interest

What would be the point in making his chris king fit the mod spacing Pitbull?

Why not just get the stock Pitbull?

Was it just simply for a very small changes in the frame like the "Short 1065mm, Long 1100mm" instead of the 1090mm on the stock. If this is the reason then surely he could have either;

1: Get a bmx chris king

2: Get Deng to make the farme with a slightly diffrent geo in the first place.

Thanks

Nope they are differnt, look same outside but differnt threads, looking closer at that it's confusing to what it is!

Driver shell can;t be gorund down as it has needle race bearings in the drive.

Tomrorw i'll post a pic of a hub i cut up showing you the gubbing of a chris king!