Ashton Justice 20"

trialsgal

i'm riding a ashton justice 20" at the moment (should be upgrading soon hopefully) and just wanted to know of any good v-brakes/pads (running avid at moment) can't fit maguras on it unless i get a thinner wheel and i don't really want to change my wheel. just thought someone might know a decent brake i haven't heard of.

v brakes rock!!!

heatsink do pads, well worth checking out, it will make your brake better. if you havnt ground your rim, thats worth doing as well. Better cables also improves the feel and power, try some oddyssey linear slicks (around £6) or nokon if you can afford it (somwhere like £35).

Shimano XTR's.

I run one one the front, and used to run F&R. Works/ed good enough. Think Ali C runs one on the back too on an Ashton but it's the 26" version.

Damn, beaten by two people, and i was wrong.

Edited by yoyoyo

on my ashton justice 20 iv got some magurace on it with them adjustable mounts and i put a cris king head set on it and some echo forks and new bars and stem and now it feels mint to ride but the paint work chipps of so easly. but i only bought it because iv never seen enyone else ride one its different. samo chears lads :-

spanish fly pads are ment to be the nutts

they are ok, bit shit in the wet though and ive had problems with them recently falling apart :( thats on my bmx though, the chrome surface is grabby as fook

anyway: heatsink backings, coust material, grind, and linear slick cable will improve your brakes no end! im not sure what you currently have brake wise, but on a budget, id recomend getting some deore callipers just to stiffen up the braking a bit :) definatly at least make sure you have a decent rear v, upfront its not as necessary until you get into proper front wheel moves

rear vee where its at!! With joy pads, nokon or linear slick cable, better than any maggie!!

how come when i said that nearly 2 years ago, everybody laughed

now there seems to be fecking shitloads of v users on here :)

did you have much luck with nokon cables ali? i found mine to be a let down on the rear, upfront on my old v and my bb7, they ruled? very odd...

i was amused on sunday by a rider (shant mention any names :P ) who was complaining about his maggy not working and was faffing with it constantly, yet still says vs suck even when his brake slipped like a badger on ice and mine barely budged :P

another thing i dont miss about maggies, is the fact pads seem to last no time at all, unless they were koxx browns, whereas on my v they last fooking ages (around a year) and dont wear at funny angles/have rounded edges!

rear vee where its at!! With joy pads, nokon or linear slick cable, better than any maggie!!

Woop, agreed (Y) currently running an SD7 lever, linear slick cable, Dewhore arms with Joy pads, tis a LOVERLY brake.

Also, if you do go for a rear vee don't get one with any parrellel push stuff, stick to simple arms, it will make the brake loads better.......

Adam