Trials Frame Designs

max-t

hello...

i have a little disgussion topic.

and a few questions about what you thik will happen to future designs of frames.

You can answer by this guide if you wish :P

• how high / low will companies favour as a bb height.
  • will companies stick with a traditional one colour frame e.g blue...or will they go for loads of wacky colour erd patterns
  • will the cnc pats on the frame go up in number and eventually just be a bike made of cnc
  • what about the frame height? one day will it be a strait tube?
  • will trials be trials frame be made mainly of aliminium or will they change?
  • and,what do you think is the best frame today,both to ride and for sexyness appeal
please disguss (Y)

max...

(reply to either a mod or stock frame.But please specify ^_^ )

Edited by max-t

My Fresh Products proto MK1 sig frame was all the above!!!

Manny differnt materials, high bb, long, cnc'd, etc etc!!

Deng can't copy this one!!! hahaha

The multi color vomit needs to be berried, burnt and they guy behind it brutaly hung drawn and quatered then burnt, and his ashes disolved in sufric acid so nowt is left of him!

Simply desing, simple color, sweet as

Deng can't copy this one!!! hahaha

I doubt he'd want to... :rolleyes:

I doubt design will change hugely, the basic bicycle frame shape has been around for many decades and nothing has bettered it. No more cnc, there isn't anywhere else it could be benificial really.

Maybe integrated downtube protectors/ extra thick bottom of downtube would be a good addition.

I don't think materials will change much unless some amazing new material is developed.

Edited by adamtrials

Well he had a drawings out 2 days after lukepooky posted the pics of it up on here form it being roughly built directly after beiong water cut form the huge sheet it was!

I sent Deng an e-mail and his pics were removed randomly!

Also some paper work now stops the willy form copying my stuff hheheh

I think hydroforming will become the next cnc, its already popping up on some frames (mbk), tubes can be made into shapes to resist denting, larger weld areas, tyre clearence ect

I think bb rise might settle to around 20-30mm for comp bikes (I hope so anyway)

Well from what ive ridden of petes bike... personally i hope deng doesn't copy it, weighs loads, and the rar end has crumbled away on him!

Exactly, i don't think there is an easy way to make that design effective without weighing a tonne.

I have an idea about how it may be possible, would use some very unusual materials indeed...

It flexed on the back cos Todge removed too much material to save weight! You guys really are thick. PROTOTYPE....they are made to allows things like this, well untill some tit goes posting pics about the place!

Pateneted paper work here. End of! I also know he has no plans to change from what he is doing now!

Pateneted paper work here. End of! I also know he has no plans to change from what he is doing now!

It takes about 2-3 years from applying until a patent is granted?

And considerable expense?

As well as the idea being patentable/ worth patenting in the first place...

Edited by adamtrials

It flexed on the back cos Todge removed too much material to save weight! You guys really are thick. PROTOTYPE....they are made to allows things like this, well untill some tit goes posting pics about the place!

No pete i get what proto type means, but the fact its a sheet of mettal rather then tubing, means that it will always flex and twist like it does! Even if you did have more material it would have the same effect!

No pete i get what proto type means, but the fact its a sheet of mettal rather then tubing, means that it will always flex and twist like it does! Even if you did have more material it would have the same effect!

The rear has and had not latral strength. Cos the rear was sheet and not boxed is also the other prolem as the boxes solved it but we come back to weight then! frotn was fine just needs tweaking, less material off, more corss braces, better ones at that too. If i use carbonfiber again i'll be making it not buying a pre made tube!

And tubing is also far more efficient than a flat sheet.

What could be interesting is a frame incorperating an I-beam, supposedly the most efficient shape according to an equation i have forgotten :rolleyes:

However an I-beam may not be good in torsion?

Yea but the example of a booster is pontless cause its not designed for taking twisting its just the pushing force from the brake. A frame has lots of different forces pushing on it at the same time, which is why your fram twists and flexes like a like a bit of paper. Using tubing, resolves that problem.

For example,

Take a bit of paper, and roll it up.

Take another bit of paper.

Then see which one is flopping around alot more.

Tubing in inherently stonger then your Sheet of metal frame.

I told you plenty befor hand when you described it tom me, it wasn't going to work.

Darren just to get it through your big egotistic brain, Todge is also involved on this! he did the final desgin, i said what i wanted geo wise and few other things!

A booster take flex form the frame as well as braking! When Adam said about an Ibeam i was making the fact of look at an XTR booster that is I beam and how very stiff it is at not flexing or twisting in any direction!

Darren just to get it through your big egotistic brain, Todge is also involved on this! he did the final desgin, i said what i wanted geo wise and few other things!

A booster take flex form the frame as well as braking! When Adam said about an Ibeam i was making the fact of look at an XTR booster that is I beam and how very stiff it is at not flexing or twisting in any direction!

Nah Darren just uses every post i make or get involved in to have a go, yet on rides he rides..odd eh!

Edited by Wright Pads

o dear.

calm down pete. :o your scaring me :(