Stolen Echo Plymouth

GlynnP

Hey wasn't to sure on where to stick this post but i am sure if its in the wrong place some 1 will move it for me.

Right so i went to college this morning with the intentions of going riding in Plymouth after college.

So i locked up my bike outside P.C.A.D ( Plymouth College of Art and Design ) at 8:45 using the bike rails and a decent bike lock. ( well i thought it was decent )

1 hour later the thieving so 'n' so had taken it.

But this ain't no normal stolen bike thread this has a specail suprise luckily the college had CCTV filming the area so you can watch how easy it was for them to just walk away with my bike.

So remember to lock your bikes up nice and secure.

LINK

Thanks

Edited by RealRiding

Copy and paste the url into your browser doesnt work because there is a gap in the video name didnt realise until i had uploaded it.

But copy and pasting into your browser will make it work.

Yer they just cut the lock off looks like they have cutters in that big green bag an dthats where they put my lock as well.

P.S It was an Echo Team 04.

Edited by RealRiding

Just makes you think how if the scum want something enough they will be able to get through whatever is in there way to get it. unlucky I hope your bike is recovered. Its just a major inconvience to you. and if they are caught, there punishment will never suit the crime,chop there hands' of I say.

:o Christ!! That was just over 20 seconds it took him to get rid of your lock. Thats mad! I take it he cut through it and didn't pick it? What kind of lock was it? I always thaught D-locks look quite sturdy, I think i'll be getting one after seeing that!

Hope you get it back matey :((Y)

(N) Thats really bad. I love the way on that on the packets, it says '6 minutes attack tested' *cough*bolleyhocks*cough*. I baught the cheapest one from halfords that said it would last a minute, but 20 seconds... :closedeyes: Edited by Mr_Tensile

f**k, thats absolutly terrible to see man, if Nick (N.wood) doesn't post on here before he comes online i'll tell him about it and have him keep an eye out for it as he's down in plymouth Uni (i take it it's closeish to the uni)

Hope you get it back mate.

Edited by Fat Pants

And must know what they're looking for/at. Scummy twats, get a well loud bike alarm, at my school when i was a lil geek i went to 'electronitc club' and i had the option to make a 130 DB ( about the same as a concord passing over quite low) for 12 quid or something, it will tell you when people nick it and it will deafen them.

that sucks! how did you manage to get the CCTV footage? my uni (oxford brookes) won't even let me view because of 'confidentiality' reasons. its my freakin £700 kona gettin nicked! they say they didn't see anything suspicious, but they don't even know what bike they're supposed to be looking for!

anyways, hope someone manages to recover yours. and if hope something nasty and painful happens to them thieving bas***ds

smithy

Thats some good CCTV footage, nice quality and colour. Good for police and Insurance company (if its insured).

Basically, you NEED at least a D lock. cable locks, no matter how thick, can be cut easily with bolt cutters. same with small chain locks.

I keep my trials bike in nicks house, and only ever take it out if im riding it.

My get around bike that i actually use, is worth about £20 and i still lock it in halls bike sheds with at least two locks, one being a £120 motorbike chain, 12mm links.

Technically the college have broken data protection laws by showing you/giving you that footage...

(Note my Dad runs his own company installing CCTV, Burgler alarms etc... so I just showed him the vid cos I thought he would be interested) These data protection laws even mean that if the police go into a CCTV recording room they have to have written authority from at least a Sergent before they are allowed to view footage...

o god, typical pikey bastards! well they seem to be on the phone to someone, so it looks like they have been 'employed' rather than just got the bike by chance... the only thing i can think of is by using the 'calling bird' method... get a nice bike, or just one that really stands out and looks nice, and wait for them to come back and then batter them... honestly it sounds stupid but they seem to be regulars as you can see my all the bikes, having their front wheels locked up to the back as well lol!