Rear Profile Disk Hub On A Monty

nigel@hull_trials

You'd be better off using the Monty disc hub and running FFW!

A Profile will fit but the Monty has to have a ben on both of the satys to fit it and thus makes the frames crack very rapidly.

If you've just gotten a Zoo python as someone said i'd stick with it. The Monty is nothing more that forgen cheap prosities with herpies!

Do you see anyone eles here crying that there Zoo Puthon rides crap...hell wakey wakey sunny jim no you bloody well dont!

So it has to be due to his set up! Nowt eles for it!

I've rode one, i hate mods with a pashion but i loved it. Rode a Monty and it felt like well wasn't as fun as what it should or could be!

Do you see anyone eles here crying that there Zoo Puthon rides crap...hell wakey wakey sunny jim no you bloody well dont!

So it has to be due to his set up! Nowt eles for it!

I've rode one, i hate mods with a pashion but i loved it. Rode a Monty and it felt like well wasn't as fun as what it should or could be!

Well actually ive heard alot of people say the Pythons dont ride as well as the Zona Zips. Ohh and monty's ride really well and are great fun to ride. If alexes had decent handle bars on his would of been really nice!

Edit - ohh yea and id still be riding my monty if i wasnt wat to tall for it!

Edited by Orgun_Donor

Can I advise every person who reads this to click 'ignore user' regarding Pete? I have no idea if I've ever met him but the guys clearly a complete tw@t who should be banned from ever posting, even in NMC. I used to think it was amusing seeing the sh1t he posted but now it just annoys me and it's just screwing up the forum for the newbie's who actually want useful advice.

Back on topic the Profile hubs are a few mm too wide to run in a Monty frame and if run without any mods are likely to put too much stress through the frame resulting in premature cracking around the chainstays. Stick to a Monty hub and you can guarantee it'll work and is designed to fit the frame.

Dave

Can I advise every person who reads this to click 'ignore user' regarding Pete? I have no idea if I've ever met him but the guys clearly a complete tw@t who should be banned from ever posting, even in NMC. I used to think it was amusing seeing the sh1t he posted but now it just annoys me and it's just screwing up the forum for the newbie's who actually want useful advice.

Back on topic the Profile hubs are a few mm too wide to run in a Monty frame and if run without any mods are likely to put too much stress through the frame resulting in premature cracking around the chainstays. Stick to a Monty hub and you can guarantee it'll work and is designed to fit the frame.

Dave

:ban: :bow:

You'd be better off using the Monty disc hub and running FFW!

A Profile will fit but the Monty has to have a ben on both of the satys to fit it and thus makes the frames crack very rapidly.

If you've just gotten a Zoo python as someone said i'd stick with it. The Monty is nothing more that forgen cheap prosities with herpies!

Yeah so you have only ridden a monty once??

How come you know so much about them and EVERYTHING else on this green earth ?!?!?!?!?

Scott has a valid point you know, JUST SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Y):-:angry::huh::lol:

Pete wright can kiss my ass, Monty's were the first proper trials bikes and who wins the world championships every year? oh and what bike does he ride, A MONTY!. :angry:

Adam. (Y)

TOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! (Y)

It was uber flexy. Monty now and back then mate was a long time and thing then where done right not a money thing where as now it's about making money!!!

I nearly got a Monty last week but said no

Did they want to sponser you?

Tis strange though that nobody else ever had a problem with Alex's monty, and my monty was absolutely fine for the..... 5 years i had it! and to be honest after cleaning the frame properly and checking it out, bar the threads in one of the 4 bolt mounts, is still absolutly fine!