Bikehut Disk Brakes!

fredrico

I was looking in my local bikehut today and noticed 2 disk brakes one cable and the other hydraulic. The cable looked identical to a bb7 and hydro a cross between a hayes and a hope. Basically i want to know, considering there price (cable-£30 and hydro £60) are they worth getting or should i just get the bb7 etc? cheers (Y)

Edited by fredrico

I was having a look at one at work..

I'd rather get the BB7. As it's probably made from better quality materials, and will probably feel much nicer.

The way it works and is set-up is the same as a BB7 though..

Didn't see any hydo's though... :ermm:

At a guess, they might work just as well as the Tektro cable disks on the Carrera Subway 2, and then the Hydo' on the Fury...

I can front to back all the Subway range on our steps out back (Subway 8's drum brakes are immense haha). The brakes are usually great if set up right. I have to say though, the Bikehut cable disc brake looks (to me) far better than the Tektro wannabes.

i'm sure the hyrdo ones are hayes! same pads, same shape etc..

as for the cable ones they look a bit shoddy :P and nothing like the bb7 imo. unless they have been updated..

hydro ones are a steal for 60!

Nah we looked through all the catalogues at work and couldn't find one to match formula or hayes or anything else we could think of/find in order books.

Nah we looked through all the catalogues at work and couldn't find one to match formula or hayes or anything else we could think of/find in order books.

I wanted to do that! lol! I'd get one but I like my Avid! there the same price. I had bad experience with a hydro disk, keep it simple...... CABLE!

yeah cable brakes just appeal to me soo much more sometimes, especially when i look at my mates bike, front bb7, and rear avid with heatsink reds :o ooh my wow, what a brake, especially when compared with a rear maggie price etc. BUT £60 for a hydro brake is pretty damn cheap, are they really plasticy or good quality?

• 6 months later...

Right, mono trials has just packed up, so I think I'm gunna get one of the Bike-hut cable discs from work, as its only like 25 quid with staff discount, and it's gunna cost that much to fix my hope. Anyone actually used them? They any good?

Oh yeah, and the hydraulic breaks ARE diatech anchors, they even say "produced in association with diatech" on the packaging ;) Which is yet more proof that there awesome breaks, as anyone who's read magazine reviews of the diatechs can tell you. (Y)

anchorsport.jpg

That's weird Adam, The ones I've used have been on a par with all the big makes, and there getting great reviews from magazines all around the world.

The feelings not quite up there with shimano or avid, but imo nothing is.

Any feedback on the cable ones?

Iv used a few hydro ones and they ALL have been amazing, someone had one on the back of his stock and it still locked like a bitch.

Would recommend the hydro, if you want cable though.... BB7 all the way.

If there the same as hayes surely you can get them from most bike shops?

There the same as diatechs, so yeah, most shops, but then again to be fair, where the hell doesnt have a halfords!

Edit: Any more feedback on the cable one? looks like I'm gunna go for it at this stage. (Y)

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...