Hope Mono Trial 07

lil wilkins

Hi i don't think there will be any reviews on the brake yet, as its just been put on tarty, it looks awsome, i would say your best bet is to email them and ask them what its like as they will most probably of put it on one of their bikes to see what its like thanks trialsbikenut (Y)

ok thanks (Y)

should be getting one next week just wanted to no if they were any good before i got one

Description : This brake was designed specifically for the unique demands of Trials.

Lever – Classic Mini lever giving smooth, progressive feel. Split clamp

for easy fitting. Integrated master cylinder reservoir for easy bleeding.

Adjustable lever reach.

Caliper – One piece caliper, machined from solid billet of aluminium. As

well as reducing weight, this also allows us to make a more rigid caliper,

improving the lever feel. Large diameter pistons to give increased

power. Black caliper with silver bore caps allowing access for servicing.

Two aluminium pistons with magnets to hold the pads from disc.

Stainless Steel braided hose fitted as standard.

Use - Trials. Must not be used for any other purpose.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Seems a good and popular brake. I'd go for it mate....

Edited by Trials Maniac

why dont you check it out on tarty then, the new lever looks really mint

Description

- NEW updated Mono Trial brake from Hope!

- Completely revised lever is now stiffer than before, and has a more rounded lever blade which is much more finger-friendly!

- New colour scheme for 2007 too, now with silver lever and caliper body, with black lever blade, top cap and bore caps.

- New rotors also have more arms and a deeper braking surface for increased stifness and braking power.

- Upgraded\' hydraulic piston ratios gives 54% more mechanical advantage and thus far more power than any standard disc brake featuring a similar sized rotor.

- 180mm rotor offers even more power than the standard 160mm rotor version, and therefore recommended for stock (26\" wheel) bikes.

- Large venting holes helps keep the rotor cool and prevent the pads from glazing over and causing a reduction in brake power/performance.

- Fitted as standard with stainless steel braided hosing to help prevent hoses becoming kinked or pulled out of the lever/caliper whilst riding/crashing!

- International Standard (IS) caliper and 6-bolt rotor means the system is compatible with most disc hubs and frames/forks on the market (if you are unsure, please contact us for advice).

- Right hand lever supplied as standard, but can be fitted with a left hand lever. Please enquire for details.

- Weight 444g including full length hose and, all mounting hardware.

cheers nick

Uhh, what's the difference between the 06 and 07? The caliper is exactly the same, and I'm almost sure they haven't changed the master cylinder diameter? In that case, what's the point?

The lever is completely revised, as is the piston bore quality - much smoother now.

i thought the mini lever had changed too

Yep, see our site for pics!

they look sex but aren't they a bit expensive at the moment if it was me i'd wait until the price goes down a bit but it's up to you if you want to buy one now depends on if you have the money i know i don't. (Y)

The price is at the RRP - they won't go down until the next series of brakes are released.

it looks just like the new hope moto brake. which you can get with a new vented rotar but will empty your pocket at 209 squids. is it the same brake or is there an actual difference. but for the brake at 160 quid it seems like rape when you can go and get a 203mm avid bb7 for about £100 and they are f**king amazing brakes, or even a 180 is shit hot even on a 26'. just seems silly to pay extra for a brake that wont preform any better and is harder to set up and theres more to go wrong oh well perhaps its just me thats thinks that.

Edited by andy h

The moto and the Mono trials are completely different breaks. the caliper on the moto has a different piston diameter. The Moto uses the new moto lever with a biting point adjuster, while the mono trials uses the revised mini lever which is a standard lever, just with a new shape to help feel and weight.

The new ones look nice, it looks like they haven't addressed the flexy caliper issue though. Hopefully the new lever bites a little earlier as well, on the old ones you had to have the reach silly far out for them to bite in the right place.