My Weapon Of Choice

Mooore!

Normally i wouldn't bother putting photo's of my bike up here because theres plenty of bikes that are far nicer than mine to look at but i recently fell off & crushed a vertabrae in in my back so am out of action for a while and have lots of spare time on my hands so i decided it was time for some piccies.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Heres a short list of the kit:

Hifi Frame

Echo forks (can't remember which ones)

Echo stem

Zoo bars

Try all rim on hope xc hub & Ti skewer (front)

Echo rim on hope bulb & Ti skewer (rear)

Middle burn super pro cranks / echo external bb

Hope H/set

Ultegra rear mech (running on modified dura ace 6spd cassette)

XT shifter

Ltd Edition V12 magnesiums

Xtr front v brake with XT lever (Spanish fly pads on front & rear brake)

HS33 rear brake (custom silver with gold echo mounts & braided hose)

Wtb 2.3" rear tyre / fire xc 2.1" front

But most importantly, Fake carbon fiber bar plugs & silver bullet dust caps.

All comments welcome

cheers.

holy low bars batman!

time to be nasty :( I HATE hifis with a passion!! I had one and it was the worst bike I have ever had, that was with the correct bar hight too :S I cant imagin that riding nicley at all.

BUT it is nice looking, I hope your back gets better soon too (Y)

I was going to get the Hifi stem when i bought the frame but when i tried my old stem on it everything just felt right so i decided to stick with it and i've never had a problem with the position.

The front V brake would be lethal if it worked any better, i know it looks a bit ridiculous way out there but its the dogs danglies performance wise.

Cheers for the comments guys, keep em coming

I was going to get the Hifi stem when i bought the frame but when i tried my old stem on it everything just felt right so i decided to stick with it and i've never had a problem with the position.

The front V brake would be lethal if it worked any better, i know it looks a bit ridiculous way out there but its the dogs danglies performance wise.

Cheers for the comments guys, keep em coming

So are you using a brisa stem with 31.8 bars? How does that work? I guess I never really thought of that as a option. Was it hard getting the bar in there? Let me know........:D

Funny you should mention putting a grind on. I was talking about that about 2 minutes before i fell off and did my back in. The reason for falling off... The brake slipped when i landed & i fell back & cracked my back across 3 steps.

Have done the rim now so will post a new pic when i put the wheel back on.

I'm not sure how much it cost all together because i didnt buy it all at once, some bits have come from bikes i've had in the past & also i was able to get a few bits quite cheap because i worked in a bike shop for 7 years. Sorry i cant be more helpful mate.