Mod Or Stock? I Need Advice

I-LUV-TRIALS

Hi people i need some advice, i ride a zona zip (mod) and i may be swaping for a koxx levelboss (stock) but am undecided. I am 15 and 6ft but have only rode mod, I would appreciate some advice on what to do as i like mod but think i would be better on a stock. thanks, Adam

I guess it depends on what your riding style is and what techniques you'd like to use. There's a big difference between how people ride stock bikes and mods. If you're an aggressive rider, stick to a mod. If you're looking for something a bit smoother, maybe more creative and more challenging, go for a stock. This is only my opinion, I guess many people won't agree with it but that's the way I see it (at least from what people show on videos).

hey mate,

i'm saying the same to myself at the moment, rid a mod yesterday now i'm going to be riding stock tomorrow, only because i went to ride bristol yesterday, had a go on a stock (planet x) and loved it sooo much!

but yeh i say stock, i noticed they have much more balance than a mod also if you make a mistake on a stock its harder to correct it than being on a mod.

Tim.

listen to an experienced rider.......I always say stock! Mods are for kids or small people. I find them very unsatisfying to ride, sure you can get up somthing, but then you remember your on a mod and the good feeling goes away. Being able to do the same thing on a stock gives you great satisfaction, its worth it in the long run too, you learn to do the moves properly rather than having a small light bouncy bike doing half the work.

just my thoughts anyway.

listen to an experienced rider.......I always say stock! Mods are for kids or small people. I find them very unsatisfying to ride, sure you can get up somthing, but then you remember your on a mod and the good feeling goes away. Being able to do the same thing on a stock gives you great satisfaction, its worth it in the long run too, you learn to do the moves properly rather than having a small light bouncy bike doing half the work.

just my thoughts anyway.

dont listen to ali he touches cats in strange places :-

lol

STAY MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might have taken some drugs as i was writing the second part of that.

I knew he was 13, I was trying to offend him by calling him 11. You sure he is as tall as me, he was a migit last time I saw him.

Anyway, my views still stand about mods

:P

On topic: STAY MOD!

Edited by Fat Pants

I ride mod. Mods aren't too great anymore. Lack of real manuals. Lack of street stuff. Lack of tyre pressure. Lack of speed. Lack of confidence. Lack of bunnyhop.

I can bunny hop and manual real well, i've been told but it still sucks doing it on a mod. It's actually too hard.

I am seriously going to stock and staying there.

But as everyone says it's your choice. Choose wisely.

mate i would love to be able to help out properly, but the opinions are going to be so biased,

i ride stock so i would say do the swap, but people that ride mod will say the same.

you should see if you can ride the stock first and then decide from there, lets face it you could quite simply swap it back for a different mod if worst came to worst (Y)

Im now going to sell my mod to get a stock, how much should i be looking for?

spec:

zona zip frame mint

echo lite forks mint

onza stem

brisa elite bars

try-all rims

hs33 rear

hope mono front/ or avid bb7

monty sealed rear hub

unbranded sealed front hub

monty cranks

eno freewheel