Sponsorship

tryallmaster

hi guys!

This has been a popular topic that pops up more often as my years of riding trials increase.

I have been riding now for about 4 years, when i started i just rode for enjoyment and not to impress others, i.e sponsors.

Looking at the recent trials scene there are alot of 'wanna be's', it seems so uniform if you know what i mean?

Looking at the videos people are producing they all look the same, sidehops, gaps, drop gaps....its all so boring! Trials is all about being unique and expressing yourself in your own way, you dont have to be like a pro to be a pro if you get my drift...

What are your views on this?

Keep it real!

lewis

I think it's good to be original as possible, but trials does rely on some core techniques (side hop, tap, pedel up etc.).

So to be a pro I would imagine that you would have to have mastered the basic moves to a very high level.

I quite like to see the traditional 'boring' trials moves like drop gaps as well as more original stuff.

(Y)

Shut the F*ck up, get a life why post about it. if you dont want to ride like others then dont. the reson i ride like i do is because that's what i enjoy best and others will agree, if you don't enjoy then ride different. this post wont make any difference and change peoples riding, so why make the post.

Edited by Kyle Hinchcliffe

Shut the F*ck up, get a life why post about it. if you dont want to ride like others then dont. the reson i ride like i do is because that's what i enjoy best and others will agree, if you don't enjoy then ride different. this post wont make any difference and change peoples riding, so why make the post.

:lol: im bored, most of the posts on this forum wont make a difference to peoples riding. you really take offence so easily

chill out!

I take offence to anything today dam stuff still not arrived, got half a bike and i so wanna ride it but no wheels grr

I know how it feels!!! I dont truely believe in what i wrote! you have seen my vid 'lewispromo' me on the ashton, thats not all original. i love sidehops and gaps as you can see in the video. think your riding is ace, peace? :-

I take offence to anything today dam stuff still not arrived, got half a bike and i so wanna ride it but no wheels grr

You think thats bad ive just brought all my stuff for my new bike built it and then realised i had ordered the wrong sproket, so now have a whole bike put no sproket (N):angry:

hi guys!

This has been a popular topic that pops up more often as my years of riding trials increase.

I have been riding now for about 4 years, when i started i just rode for enjoyment and not to impress others, i.e sponsors.

Looking at the recent trials scene there are alot of 'wanna be's', it seems so uniform if you know what i mean?

Looking at the videos people are producing they all look the same, sidehops, gaps, drop gaps....its all so boring! Trials is all about being unique and expressing yourself in your own way, you dont have to be like a pro to be a pro if you get my drift...

Keep it real!

lewis

its not though. its about competions, thats where the origin of the sport lies. its like saying football isnt about winning games and winning trophies but about how good a player is at being indiviual and doing kickups or whatever. true trials is great because you can ride in your own style, but its not the be all and end all. its a sport at the end of the day, not an art.

hi guys!

Keep it real!

lewis

I think your being quite hypercritical here.

Your assuming that the people who just go big, big gaps sidehops, drops and gaps are just doing it to look good and get sponsored. Well you're wrong.

People ride how they want to ride. You say yourself "Trials is all about being unique and expressing yourself in your own way" well known 'go big' riders such as CLS, Neil Tunnicliffe and Damon Watson all go big because it's what they want to do. Not because going big is just the most efficient way of showing off.

Just because some riders don't have vees, don't have seats on their bikes and don't have frames made of steel doesn't mean they're not having fun on their bike, and it doesn't mean that they're not expressing themselves.

People who like to go big push their bodies, their bikes and their technique to the absolute max. Getting the most out of the sport as they possibly can.

Any rider who is good at what they do get sponsored. Not matter what style they have. There are lots of sponsored comp riders out there, and just as many sponsored street riders such as the riders seen in TM1 and 2.

The sum it all up people ride how they want to ride for their own reasons. And its people who don't appreciate this that cause these kinds of arguments.

Edited by JT!

I know how it feels!!! I dont truely believe in what i wrote! you have seen my vid 'lewispromo' me on the ashton, thats not all original. i love sidehops and gaps as you can see in the video. think your riding is ace, peace? :-

any chance of sending a link of tht vid.... i havent seen it :P

Thanks

Seb

its not though. its about competions, thats where the origin of the sport lies. its like saying football isnt about winning games and winning trophies but about how good a player is at being indiviual and doing kickups or whatever. true trials is great because you can ride in your own style, but its not the be all and end all. its a sport at the end of the day, not an art.

Should every bmxer go back to racing, just because thats how the sport started or should footy go back to the streets and people kicking a sheeps bladder about.

I am not having a go at you or anything, but sports envolve and in trials people trying there own thing and trying new moves and taking influences from other areas are what is gonna keep trials from becoming stagnant.

Competitions are important but not the be all and end all of trials ;)

Lewis, I will upload your video when I get back from work.

EDIT - don't have lewispromo on my pc for some reason, somelse upload it please