Pedals For Street Use?

powerz

Hi can any of you please help.

i need new pedals as my v8's are worn and i keep slipping of the pedals >_<

But what should i go for?

Im thinking of going for the try-all double cage ones but are they all right to use for street riding as in the past the screws that hold the cages on kept coming loose.

Thanks for any help (Y)

Edited by powerz

depends if ur on a budget if you are then go for some caged pedals, if not i say v12's best pedal, ive had mine for about 2 years now still going strong i havnt needed to do anything to them and ive only lost 1 pin, also very comfy on your feet

depends if ur on a budget if you are then go for some caged pedals, if not i say v12's best pedal, ive had mine for about 2 years now still going strong i havnt needed to do anything to them and ive only lost 1 pin, also very comfy on your feet

They are the same as V8's... :rolleyes:

Only difference is sealed bearings.

Ive had V8's last me f**king ages! I change them when they get tatty anyway.

Hi

Try-all double cage pedals, they are the bees nees (Y) .

Dan

Added:

much better than any pin/screw pedals.

Or save £15 and have onza? For how long they (don't) last, they're £12 each. Cheap and cheerful and you don't feel depressed when it falls apart.

They're cheap enough to stock up on too, I have 2 sets at home on standby incase they fall apart. 3 sets will last a long time if you maintain them (tighten them regularly, reshape them using bricks and other helpful items).

Or save £15 and have onza? For how long they (don't) last, they're £12 each. Cheap and cheerful and you don't feel depressed when it falls apart.

They're cheap enough to stock up on too, I have 2 sets at home on standby incase they fall apart. 3 sets will last a long time if you maintain them (tighten them regularly, reshape them using bricks and other helpful items).

:P Well i will stick to my try-alls they are much stronger and i only have to stock up on the cages, i have about 4 sets of cages, they were only about £2.50 each and are easyer then a pedal to change when you are out riding (Y) every one i know has not even had to change there cages on the try-all ones yet so beet that. My mate tom has had his onza caged pedals for about a month and he has already lost 4 bolts and has bent the cages.

Dan

Go try-all (Y):D

Edited by dan the trials man

:P Well i will stick to my try-alls they are much stronger and i only have to stock up on the cages, i have about 4 sets of cages, they were only about £2.50 each and are easyer then a pedal to change when you are out riding (Y) every one i know has not even had to change there cages on the try-all ones yet so beet that. My mate tom has had his onza caged pedals for about a month and he has already lost 4 bolts and cracked the bent the cages.

Dan

Go try-all (Y):D

Your mate doesn't look after them, clearly. Chances are onza, echo tryall or whatever are made in the same place by same gunpointed, underpaid worker :P As with stems, rims, tyres, spockets, spokes and whatever else you like.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting strength, I'm suggesting cost. For the sake of one set of tryalls, I can replace my onza's twice, with a whole new padal.

got these on saturday, look kinda gay but there grippy as fook :rolleyes:

Look nice i think not bad price either

I think in the running are:

Another pair of v8's

onza shin digs they look very grippy

or

Try-all ones but worried about the bolts coming loose and bending the cages all the time.

Thanks for the help so far atleast its narrowed it down abit :)

I really like slimjims

but...

after about 4-5 months on my bmx the open bearing version are getting pretty knackered, they've started creaking and wobbling and most of the paint is coming off. The pins are all still there, the pedal body itself is still fine and they function ok, they just don't seems as sturdy as v8s in the long term.

I'll probably get the sealed version of the slimjims next for the extra strength - they feel that much nicer than v8s that I'd happily pay out twice as much cash over the same period of time.