Need A Little Advice On 24" Rims

Tylerlovesalex

Might want to check Sun MTX (Y)

For a rear disk they'd be awsome, else they'd need a a lite grind for rim brakes since there have grooves running all along the braking surface + it's painted...

Edited by paolo

24" rims

I run a drilled BMF (38mm) and I highly recommend it! (Y) I've had a Identity Halo (36mm) but it is easily dented.

I recently came across this 47mm rims on this forum:

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/shop/shopdispla...p?catalogid=883

They might be your best bet, yet!

And please don't go skinny rim on us this is trials not XC! :P Want a 32mm rim? Run it on the front! ;)

Can MTX be used with rim brake?

Straight from the Sun Ringlé site

TCB - TOTAL CONTROL BRAKING:

Combines a welded rim seam with a precision machined brake surface. No visible seam on the rim gives you the ultimate in braking control.

So I guess they would

But as I said, they don't have a grabby surface, a light grind would probably make em' damn good...

If you want to see it with a bit of detail

It's 34.5mm wide, wich isn't really big compared to other rims, but it's really deep, wich I think is the way to go if you want a rim that won't buckle or get flat spotted easely. Think of it, take the widdest knife you have, you can still bend it horizontally, but it verticaly, it won't budge...

Edited by paolo

I'm just running a BMF at the moment. I'd say its pretty perfect width wise, I cant stand the Idea of a 48mm rim on a 24", its just way too wide. I mean, most people only run a 2.3" tyre on 24s, and I don't think there's a single 24" frame out there that will accept that width comfortably.

Rhyno Lights are lush if you don't mind the narrow width. I'm not sure about the Spanks, I've heard great things about them, but I never really researched them as you can only get them in 32h, and I'm running 36 at the moment. All I know is that there the same weight as a DX32, but Ali C says there stronger.

Anyway, BMF/DX32/whatever you wanna call it are lush, can take a beating, and are wide enough.