Airbrusing On Ps

Davetrials

ive got Ps 7 and i want to attempted to learn that sort of airburssing thing, you no were you modify peoples bodys, and like generally clean the model up, a good example is the dove advert, does anyone no of any tutorials on how to do this?

Dove advert

ive looked for similar things many a time, but gave up looking in the end,so started to try and teach myself it.

stuff like removing spots, warts, freckles etc, is normally done with the pippette colour dropper, and then a 1px brush, when zoomed right in, can always blur real small areas if they look out of place.

as for makin faces thinner etc, easiest way i find is to use illustrator and the pen tool in that, on a new layer to create an outline of what you want the face to look like(using the original face on the bottom layer as reference. obiviously if ur correctin a nose,use a similar technique but on a nose, then save that layer as jpeg, open it back up on top of the original in ps, lower the opacity of it, and use it as a guide whil workin on the layer underneath, to cut back the edges of the face. youll obiviously have to do something with the background,i.e either extend it, or just place the face/body on a new background.

then youll be left with a face with no imperfections, of the right shape, but the shading all round the edges of the face will be wrong,which is where its down to you, as different people use different techniques,and sometimes even on different photos, the technique changes, youve either got the choice of using the pippette tool (taking the colours from the original image) and a small brush, using the burn tool, or taking the colours using the pippette tool once more, using the lassoo tool to select the area, and using a gradient to create gradual shadow.

hope this helps

and btw, dave, youll never be beautiful, no matter how artificially enhanced you are(altho silicone double D's wouldnt go a miss)

Glad your using ps7, Its actually quicker and in my opinion better than any of the cs versions (3 included)

as for learning to touch up, A lot of it is using the clone stamp tool (search for tutorials on that) or copying feathered selections.

Most of the methods are the same for anything in photoshop so take a look on digimods.com (massive collection of tutorials for SIMILAR projects) either that or check out www.abstractinfluence.com i've writen a few semi-relevant tutorials on there.