What Disc Is Better

ryan-oakley

hi Ryan i am going to have to say the hope mono trial i like the avid bb7 there really good brake's but i just dont like cable disc's so stick with the mono trial i hope i have helped with your question thanks SAM (Y)

Edited by trials 123

Well I have had both :P I am running a Hope Mono Trial 07 180mm on my bike now, its grabby as hell, not too much modulation but I like it this way, others do not. Such as my friend who is running a 180mm mm Avid BB7 with an XTR lever, which costs around the same, maybe a little bit cheaper, his has alot more modulation but no where near as much bite.

Depends how you want your brake, grabby go for the mono trial, modulation go for the avid.

However my old 203mm Avid BB7 with XTR lever was very very grabby on par with the Mono Trial, just not as much modulation as the 180mm Avid.

I've had 2 bb7's, 1 hope mono mini and 1 hope mono trials.

My first bb7 was standard, and was orite, 2nd was custom with XTR lever n shiz, was IMMENSEEEEEE, felt like a change, got mono trials, is amazing, always has been, just seems abit off, like it either works, or really doesn't, were as the bb7 was always good, never got contaminated or owt.

and my mono mini had a 205 rotor, and it sucked for trials, could drag it for about 7 miles and it was the same, but it wasn't up for it much, compared to other brakes.

Mat

Hi there i have a 2007 hope mono trial at the front,i have had no problems with it,but i think hope is the best specific trial brake on the market at the moment,they look better than the avid and have more bite depending on what rotor you are using thanks shane.It has more bite because it has a larger piston for a on/off feel.

Hope Mini cos the new 2007 is sweet and the technologie of Hope are so better than Avid :)

I would say hope for a few reasons :).

1. My mate had one and before wearing it in it fell mint.

2. Lever is comfortable.

3. Looks nicer

Ps. Hope whatever one you buy is good for you (Y)

~Matty

hello everyone i have got a hope mono on at the mo but what do u think is better hope mon or avid db 7

i would like to no please what you think is better :D(Y) Ryan

definetely the hope mono trial, awesome power and just right for popping stoppies, bb7's are too strong, bit of whiplash last time i tried one.