20" Or 24"

sam-cahill

Use the search to find threads like this! I've posted in aboud a dozen so far.

I prefer mods (20") as they are easier to flick around and look nicer.

But it's everyone's personal choice really.

Chris

For some reason that looks smaller than a 20".

Get a 26" you will improve loads. Well thats what i did.

Matt Rushton

If you want to ride any of the British rounds this year and you ride a 24", I am nearly sure that you will only be able to compete in the open class, I may be wrong but I think I am right. Have a look on Biketrail UK website at the rules bit.

It also depends ha big you are, how strong you are, how much experience you have got etc

At the end of the day it's down to what you feel good on. (Y)

Out of 20" and 24" it depends what you want it for. 24"s are a lot more streety than 20" bikes. If you want something purely for trials, and for competition stuff, then got for the 20".

26" is lovely too, and can either be really streety or trialsy, but can be harder to learn the basic balancing and rear wheel skills on compared to a 20".

24" would be rather nice for trialsy stuff and more comp orientated stuff, but because of the lack of a 24" category in most major events, the frame producers don't really bother making any comp orientated 24" bikes.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Hmn, the title of the topic says " 20" or 24" ", but in the first post it asks " 20" or 26" ". Wtf :blink:

Ah well, I prefer 20" out of 20"s and 26"s, I haven't tried a 24" so I can't exactly criticise them.

I prefer 20" its easier to get the front end up, to get the bike up, to spin it flick it, get into gaps and things. As well as storing the bike.

The only obvious reason why I wouldn't want to get a 24" is the selection of parts available, compared to a 20" or 26" there is hardly any available to buy.