Disc Rear Wheel

Wright Pads

Look at the rim, the style of holes are known to fail as any hole in that placment should be round! I was only going to drill them so they where round by adding 2/3mm extra OD. Perfectly safe

would it not be a better idea, to just drill real small holes in each corner of the hexagon, in the same way you drill a crack, so theres no where for the pressure to centre on.

would it not be a better idea, to just drill real small holes in each corner of the hexagon, in the same way you drill a crack, so theres no where for the pressure to centre on.

Don't wan't to be pedantic f**fer but, drilling six little holes instead of one big one, are you sure! :blink:

im guessing its a hope trial with a moto lever.

I just naturally assumed Pete is talking out of his arse again, nothing new there.

About rims, the echo 07 one is very good but seeing as your a jerk about buying deng parts then how about a tryall or revell ?

and yet no one has bothered questioning how the f**k pete is getting a competely custom made hope disk brake made for him? with tpa's and tweaked this n that? i smell another pete wright story....

Ben

Just wait Benny boy. Lead times are slighty lengthy currenty due to a mass work load they got and lots on and still in a cast. Also Ian and Alan of Hope are my realitives.

whats the point

itll just turn into another rant

you know it will ben

love you really :turned: :$

See Alex has no though wait all this f**king forum does with a bunch of ass holes is dig at me. He's younger than you yet his grown the f**k up! Why can;t you??

im guessing its a hope trial with a moto lever.

Hope Mono trial yes but not a moto lever at all. It doesn;t work like i said it would as Tarty and Dave had said.

I just naturally assumed Pete is talking out of his arse again, nothing new there.

About rims, the echo 07 one is very good but seeing as your a jerk about buying deng parts then how about a tryall or revell ?

Deng can suck my balls, tryall im thinking yes too and revell no as it;s knocked off Jiz wank again but also might just get it, mod it and see.

I forgot what that moral is all about assumsion. Assume all you like but i will have these very soon so you can go oh wait i am a willy and one of many here when I show them.

When will you lot grow up and stick to a f**king topic thn being like you mothers in the local cafe or hairdressers going on like you past it. Ether shut up or die in my mind

Deng can suck my balls, tryall im thinking yes too and revell no as it;s knocked off Jiz wank again but also might just get it, mod it and see.

I forgot what that moral is all about assumption. Assume all you like but i will have these very soon so you can go oh wait i am a willy and one of many here when I show them.

Kinda hypocritical. It wasn't just you that kiled the 06 rims, they were weak, everyone killed them. The 07's have been improved on significantly and everyone has said how much stronger they are. Try-alls are crap, don't get one if you ride like you say you do, it'll last 2 weeks.

And i was under the belief that 4X with as many spokes as you can get will be the strongest option.

Just wait Benny boy. Lead times are slighty lengthy currenty due to a mass work load they got and lots on and still in a cast. Also Ian and Alan of Hope are my realitives.

See Alex has no though wait all this f**king forum does with a bunch of ass holes is dig at me. He's younger than you yet his grown the f**k up! Why can;t you??

Hope Mono trial yes but not a moto lever at all. It doesn;t work like i said it would as Tarty and Dave had said.

I forgot what that moral is all about assumsion. Assume all you like but i will have these very soon so you can go oh wait i am a willy and one of many here when I show them.

When will you lot grow up and stick to a f**king topic thn being like you mothers in the local cafe or hairdressers going on like you past it. Ether shut up or die in my mind

Yeah whos the mature family guy here ?

and im sure last time you said people at hope where relatives you got blown out , or was that someone at ebc meh can't remeber to much bulls**t to remember.

A differnt memeber here belive he rides for Hope which is very not ture as Hope now only do a Factory XC and DH team only. No one has proven me wrong on Hope at all. Nor EBC

Anyways kids i've ordered a tasty bunch of rims to test out all on a King ISO thats been modded and custom upgrades to see which one is best at taking a wopping 200mm disc and given a beaten

I'm intreagued what is it then?

If you mean that a hope moto lever on a mono-trials caliper wont work, then yes it will, it's been done no-problem. if that's not what you mean, what do you mean?

Go for 36h 4X, tough as you like, and make sure you check the tension regularly.

As for rim, the Spanks aren't dis-continued, they just changed the importers, my LBS can get them, and Andy, a local DH rider I know, knows the new importer, someone called Chris I think, so if anyone's after one, give me a PM.

I'm intreagued what is it then?

If you mean that a hope moto lever on a mono-trials caliper wont work, then yes it will, it's been done no-problem. if that's not what you mean, what do you mean?

Go for 36h 4X, tough as you like, and make sure you check the tension regularly.

As for rim, the Spanks aren't dis-continued, they just changed the importers, my LBS can get them, and Andy, a local DH rider I know, knows the new importer, someone called Chris I think, so if anyone's after one, give me a PM.

36 and 4x is what i'm doing. The mono trial and moto leaver works but it doesn;t act or do or fee like what i said. So a differnt Hope product is being used but a mono trial caliper. Just wait

Have to msn me or e-mail me with some info and specs and prices on these er rims

Edit:

Chris@RHUK is the guy that does them! Only in 32H thouhg....gay

and a watse of trials forum

Every post pete makes tunrs into a augument

whatver.

just stick to the topic.

if you have problems with pete why not do it over msn?

so people like me and other dont have to read the shit.

thanks

by the way, im not trying to be a mod :turned:

Nice post Alex. TF needs to go back to what it was. A f**king trials forum not a Pete bashing one

Edited by Wright Pads

Problem is now to what hub and what rim!!! Shame no decent fixed hub with discmount as i would be sorted

am i not being stupid, a fixed disc hub, is a fixed disc hub, other than strength to weight. and looks, theres nothing to it, theres no engagement system to consider. so dont see what the problem is, any fixed hub will do.

dmr revolver with a screw on thread if you want that kinda fitment, otherwise jut get summit like a bt fixed. or even just get a shimano hub, an convert it to fixed. job done.

Not British at all, made by Quando. Looks a bit bland and weak. I snaped one DMR on trials one on ym street bike on the way to work @ Rocket Cycles back in the day and 3 in a week on my jump bike.

They look odd, not nice.

Needs to be soild and stuff.

Maybe a nice Phill Wood or soemthing..agh so hard on what to run

dont take this the wrong way, but how many HD king axles have you snapped? plus 5 dmr hubs, plus how ever many other brands of hubs etc youve distroyed(as if your someone who can snap 5 revolvers+ a couple of HD axles,and no doubt at least one regular king axle before you got the HD then youll most likely of been through at least one or 2 shimano hubs). i cant think of anyone thats snapped/broke that many hubs, i dont think any hub youll find short of some beefed up freeride/northshore hub with bugger all engagements will stand up to what you clearly dish out to your hubs for a reasonable amount of time. your either going to have to go for some tank of a hub, or alter the way you ride, dont go as big till you can get smoother or the like.

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. What about a revolver with the nutted axle? or you could get a normal hub and lock it out.

Something like this locked out, heavy, but would be fuggin indestructible. If you break one of those doing trials, then I can't explain how your legs would still be intact.

How did you go through 3 hubs in a week? That's just plain weird, I know loads of people riding jump/street on revolvers going pretty big and they seem to last fine, not to mention the countless number of pros who have used them at some point.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

dont take this the wrong way, but how many HD king axles have you snapped? plus 5 dmr hubs, plus how ever many other brands of hubs etc youve distroyed(as if your someone who can snap 5 revolvers+ a couple of HD axles,and no doubt at least one regular king axle before you got the HD then youll most likely of been through at least one or 2 shimano hubs). i cant think of anyone thats snapped/broke that many hubs, i dont think any hub youll find short of some beefed up freeride/northshore hub with bugger all engagements will stand up to what you clearly dish out to your hubs for a reasonable amount of time. your either going to have to go for some tank of a hub, or alter the way you ride, dont go as big till you can get smoother or the like.

3 HD CK

7 STD CK

5 DMR revolvers

1 hope big un

3 XTR

2 LX

1 parrlex

I go big and these hubs have been used for trials, street, xc, dh, northshore, freeride, hucking.

Ck is a f**king XC hub no matter what..you know that!

Shimano is XC really only

Hope bigun died when i hit a rock on landing at Cwmcarn, amazing video of that (will try and get it off a mates camera)

CK's all gone via trials

I don;t sit about like most fanny farting about people do on rides. I ride and really do go for it. I no longer mess about and really go out for the kill. Nowt big here at home but back in plymouth plenty big.

Locking out is possible but it has risks and effort.

Hope haven't sold many single speeds, fact CRC sold 0. Might get it and tweak it, get a 12mm axle upgrade and go for it on that hehehe

Edited by Wright Pads

Hope haven't sold many single speeds, fact CRC sold 0. Might get it and tweak it, get a 12mm axle upgrade and go for it on that hehehe

Hope havent sold many single speeds?what do you mean singlespeeds? hope don't sell a singlespeed hub, just the pro-2 trials with a singlespeed kit, and thats sold shit loads, especialy on CRC.

Hope havent sold many single speeds?what do you mean singlespeeds? hope don't sell a singlespeed hub, just the pro-2 trials with a singlespeed kit, and thats sold shit loads, especialy on CRC.

There is 2 hubs

Pro II 6sp trials - is spaced for a 6sp sized cassette

Pro II single speed trials - spaced for single speed only like a king ss hub

Don;t beliver if you work in a shop you'll see it on the catalog.

Hope single speed

Hope trials

Hope Pro II listings

Erm you were saying?

Seriously, the singlespeed is just a trials hub that comes with a spacer kit, although so does the trials hub, so basically, they're the same. Look at the length of a freehub body on a CK singlespeed, you can get 3 gears on there max, if your lucky, but the hope one is the same 6 speed freehub as the normal trials one.

The hope websites listings are always pretty weird, like the trials is QR there, and they all have 24 engagements, not 48 according to what they say, which everyone knows is wrong, as they are bolted and 48 engagement.

Anyway, who really cares. There good hubs.

But really, CRC have sold many many of the 'single speed' hubs, infact there's a whole thread in trials chat of a load of people saying 'Just ordered one' when they were on offer.

But again, who cares, lets get back to what would be a good hub.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...