What Do You Ride?

Nick Garland

What do you ride?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What size bike?

• Mod
    • Stock
    • 24"

Right, Ive been seeing alot of videos and pictures recently and I seem to remember there being a lot more stock riders than before, however at the moment I seem to be seeing a lot of mod riders.

Just wanted to do a poll to see if there has been a shift in the amount of riders on each bike.

If you have a "modstock" its still a stock due to wheel size. Also if you have more than one bike I have allowed this option.

I think there may have been more of a shift to mod riding? May just be me.

The world begins to see light... ;)

will be interesting to see this in a couple of days when most people have voted.

Yeah come on everyone!

EDIT: What actually is a modstock/26"mod? I've seen this a couple of times on the forum and it looks like something about hubs, but why do they do it?

Edited by Tommy d

The world begins to see light... ;)

Yeah come on everyone!

EDIT: What actually is a modstock/26"mod? I've seen this a couple of times on the forum and it looks like something about hubs, but why do they do it?

A modstock is a stock with horizontal dropouts and 116mm rear hub spacing, meaning they take a mod rear hub with snail cams, and are single speed only requiring no mech hanger mounted tensioner.

There stupid in my opinion. Horizontal dropouts are great, but the 116mm spacing is far from ideal, and I'm sure it has something to do with the way Deng happened to bring out a 116mm hub at around the same time. (he also brought out the 135mm one, but it was basically a 116mm with some spacers whacked on the axle to make it fit.)