Feeling Powerless In Dreams....

David

yeh man, sometimes i dream about driving but my car is all weird, like super fast (haha yeh right) or left goes right and right goes left, or my brakes just make it go faster.

had those a few times actually....Maybe it's a sign i should buy a new car.

I go to hit someone and just cant do it, I've had a long think about it an I reckon its because when your dreaming, according to psychologists your in stage 4 or 5 of sleep. Your brain waves have become really wide and slow, and you become semi-paralyzed which would explain the floppy/naff punches.

Aren't I just a fountain of useless knowledge. <_<

EDIT:I think its also to do with your muscles being relaxed in your hand for a few hours before you dream, clenching your hand feels really weird an you feel weak. Like when you wake up and clench your fists.

(Y) Then REM occurs, which is the state in which dreams mainly happen, you have four depths of sleeping basically and at certain stages you get into REM.

Stage 1 sleep is where you believe you are awake, but your not basically, stage two is when you become unconcious but are easily awakened, stage 3 is like a transitional stage and stage 4 is the deepest stage of sleep. It is hard to be awoken from stage 4 sleep so sleepwalkers are usually in stage 4. Dreams do occur in most of the stages but not very often, stage 4 has the highest figures (apart from REM).

yea, but uve never had a dream wer u died,uve come close, but never actually done it, why??

Because you cant comprehend death, what would happen in the dream say after you died?

Fighting

To dream that you participate in a fight, indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life.

To see others fighting in your dream, suggests that you are unwilling to acknowledge your own problems and turmoil. You are not taking any responsibility or initiative in trying to resolve issues in your waking life.

To dream that you are fighting to the death, indicates that you are unwilling to acknowledge a waking conflict or your own inner turmoil. You are unwilling and refusing to change your old attitudes and habits.

Are you talking about hitting them and it's like you have really bad arm pump + you feel like theres no force behind it grr those dreams frustrate me so much lol

Has anyone seen my shoe?

I'm pretty sure there's 5 stages of sleep, in the 4th you dream, become partially paralyzed and you can also sleep walk during stage 4. Stage 5 you are entirely paralyzed and thats when you get rapid eye movement (REM). Not a nice thought, totally incapable of moving and your eyes are flying all over the place. >_<

Oh and, you only feel like you've had a good night sleep if you've gone through stage 4 and 5. Which is why when you sleep on a chair you wake up and feel poo, you wont enter stage 5 because if you did you'd become paralyzed and fall off the seat.

Edited by Scopse

Has anyone seen my shoe?

I'm pretty sure there's 5 stages of sleep, in the 4th you dream, become partially paralyzed and you can also sleep walk during stage 4. Stage 5 you are entirely paralyzed and thats when you get rapid eye movement (REM). Not a nice thought, totally incapable of moving and your eyes are flying all over the place. >_<

Oh and, you only feel like you've had a good night sleep if you've gone through stage 4 and 5. Which is why when you sleep on a chair you wake up and feel poo, you wont enter stage 5 because if you did you'd become paralyzed and fall off the seat.

There is no stage 5, trust me :)

Yeah, Ive had dreams bout that...

I also have dreams about my teeth falling out! :huh: - Anyone else have this one?

Check this link, should explain about the teeth thing.

Dream moods

The most strange dream i have had is where i got hit on the head with a hammer, and it pull a hole in my skull where i could feel my brain. Then when i woke up i was scared to touch or put pressure on my head. Scary shit.

that dream mood site is quite interesting, thanks for posting that up

I always have dreams where i'm falling down, almost every day

i finally know why now

As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life.�When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love.�You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

According to Freudian theory, dreams of falling indicate that you are contemplating giving into a sexual urge or impulse. You maybe lacking indiscretion.

those things are about right :unsure:

That stuff about falling sounds like balls, just go to bed and think about falling, pretty much happens everytime to me.

I tend to wake up with extreme cramp in my calves, both legs when im having a hardcore fighting dream. Hurts and is bad when you are on a bunk bed haha, top aswell