Tensioners Self Made

B.E.A.U

Hi ok i have broken 3 mech hangers playing on rails in the last liek 4 months

Now i have looked on the searchand all i found was a spoon tensioner and something else that loked wierd and was put on a hanger and i have no mech hanger.

Could anyone post as many pics as possible of a home made tensioner.

It has to bolt onto my chris king fun bolt as i have no bottom mech hanger like i said lol.

I have an idea of what to make and pauly has explaind one just want to see a pic.

So please help. Sick of breaking the tin things.

Beau

Get a mech, were the main big alen key bolt is what screws into the mech hanger take the bolt out, were the bolt slots in to on the mech to screw in the mech hanger grind it down about half way and file it so it's nice and straight then put the King fun bolt though it and clamp it up onto your frame.

Now i have looked on the searchand all i found was a spoon tensioner and something else that loked wierd and was put on a hanger and i have no mech hanger.

I made that hahaha and it doesn't use the mech hagner, I just bolt it with the wheel, then to make sure it doesn't move, I squezed a piece of plastic (from a plastic dinosaur) between the chain stay and the spoon.

its more the impact than the weightttttttt though, like you arnt heavy enough to break a frame by standing on it, but impact forces etc etc WOOP.

it will be way stronger mounted that way though.

lol fair enough erm i recon 12 stone could bend th eback of a frame if you lie it down just the frame and jump in the or stand on the one chain stay and start to bounce. may try ot on my old zebdi frame lol.

Some ideas that can be adpted. The roller can be bought from CRC, 6mm Alu sheet arm (or thicker). CAD print out stuck onto the sheet to allow cutting out to shape with a hand saw.

Maybe make a sort of mech hanger from sheet alu to provide the additional mounting hole for holding the arm securely.

sprocket2.jpg

roller1.jpg

sprocket1.jpg

sprocket3.jpg

roller2.jpg

Steve

Some ideas that can be adpted. The roller can be bought from CRC, 6mm Alu sheet arm (or thicker). CAD print out stuck onto the sheet to allow cutting out to shape with a hand saw.

sprocket2.jpg

roller1.jpg

sprocket1.jpg

sprocket3.jpg

roller2.jpg

Steve

ausome thanks steve the reson i am doing this by the way yes i am pissd off with mech hangers second i cant afford one lol.