Questions For Tarty

Ash-Kennard

why is this still 70 quid if its made of the cheapest material rather than the most expensive? and why the change from titanium to steel?

also, are these the pedals i have and are about 3 years old or are these the updated revell pedals that doney has been testing?

also, is there actually any difference between these?

this, this, this, this, and this

and do you get the maggie lever with the CZAR blade, as that isnt very clear?

ash

EDIT: dave, can you please get back to me about my boots please mate?

Edited by ash-kennard

Titanium became very expensive and no doubt middleburn still wanted to change a stupid amount of money for a bash thats now actually not very good

you dont get the lever body with it. its perfectly clear and seems your being a little pedantic. the levers are all similar with slightly different machining.

levers are the same(length etc), just the machining matches the style of the frames+everything else.

steals thread, for if+when tarty boys read it. would the 74 kingz tentioner fit a mod? (not bothered if it needs modifying a little (Y) )

Edited by ogre

Think the titanium-steel thing also has something to do with snapping chains. Apparently the properties of the titanium add to the already large problem of the 16t ring snapping chains. Can't remember how though.

The lever blades are Deng, so like most Deng parts, they'll be identical other than aesthetics and about 0.5g. Spose if you did stress analysis on them then one would technically be stronger than the others. But meh, who gives a toss, its a lever blade.

Edit:

The 74kings tensioner might not fit a mod. Have a look at this picture:

large_74ti.jpg

With the smaller sprocket on a mod, the fitting plate would be really low down, and the runner would have to be really high up, which would put the spring plate at a really harsh angle, either bending the spring plate or over tensioning it.

The only way I can see around this is to move the axle whole alot thurther down the mounting plate to get it at a better angle, but its a bit of a long shot. Weight and see what tarty have to say about it first anyway.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

why is this still 70 quid if its made of the cheapest material rather than the most expensive? and why the change from titanium to steel?

also, are these the pedals i have and are about 3 years old or are these the updated revell pedals that doney has been testing?

also, is there actually any difference between these?

this, this, this, this, and this

and do you get the maggie lever with the CZAR blade, as that isnt very clear?

ash

EDIT: dave, can you please get back to me about my boots please mate?

Matt at Middleburn had the news from his suppliers that Ti prices for his raw material increased almost 400% (similar story from the Hope boys, hence no more Ti QR's from Hope). As the steel doesn't machine as quickly or easily as the Ti did, Matt reckons the difference in raw material costs between old Ti prices and current stainless prices is made negligible by the extra machine time needed to make parts from the stainless.

I'm not sure about 3 years old for the pedals, but they have been around a while yeh, we'd have been selling them earlier just didn't realise Revell had them. Awesome pedals for the cash! Like my old Atom Lab Aircorps, but wider.

Only difference in lever blades as people have said is that they have different aesthetics, all pivot position and finger contact points are the same.

Czar blade is just lever blade and washers only, sorry for any confusion.

Yep, should be getting back to you re. the boots Monday :).

Think the titanium-steel thing also has something to do with snapping chains. Apparently the properties of the titanium add to the already large problem of the 16t ring snapping chains. Can't remember how though.

The lever blades are Deng, so like most Deng parts, they'll be identical other than aesthetics and about 0.5g. Spose if you did stress analysis on them then one would technically be stronger than the others. But meh, who gives a toss, its a lever blade.

Edit:

The 74kings tensioner might not fit a mod. Have a look at this picture:

large_74ti.jpg

With the smaller sprocket on a mod, the fitting plate would be really low down, and the runner would have to be really high up, which would put the spring plate at a really harsh angle, either bending the spring plate or over tensioning it.

The only way I can see around this is to move the axle whole alot thurther down the mounting plate to get it at a better angle, but its a bit of a long shot. Weight and see what tarty have to say about it first anyway.

Exactly what you said :).

The tensioner would fit mod, but due to weeny sprocket use it'd be a logistically piece of magic to get everything in to such a small gap (between top and bottom chains) and running smooth with no tensioner modifications.

cool, thanks for all that dave.

why would you lot want one on your mods anyways? its just something to hit???

some gear ratios make it so that if you have the chain with one extra link wheel is pulled right back in dropouts and so brakes dont line up. Then if you take a link out the wheel has to go in so far its pressed to the mounts and you cant do the chain up. To solve it you have to buy either one half link or a whole half link chain which people seem warey of (ive ran mine fine for ages now). So a tensioner is the only way to go. Its due to silly gear ratios and certain companies not being able to weld in the right places.

cool, thanks for all that dave.

why would you lot want one on your mods anyways? its just something to hit???

'cause to get the right tention (for me anyway) i have my wheel to far back for my maguras to hit the rim square, uneven pad wear anyone? and i wana just push my wheel as far in as possible without fannying around pulling it back mid ride etc.

what would i need to do to make it work for a mod?