Did I Get A Good Deal?

Jason222

I just got this wheelset on ebay...do you guys think I got a deal?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

I'm using the front wheel for my street bike...and the CK hub is coming off the rear wheel and getting laced up to an 07 echo rear rim when I get my Adamant A1 (07).

Here's a pic of my street bike if anyone is interested.

Edited by Jason222

I just got this wheelset on ebay...do you guys think I got a deal?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

I'm using the front wheel for my street bike...and the CK hub is coming off the rear wheel and getting laced up to an 07 echo rear rim when I get my Adamant A1 (07).

Here's a pic of my street bike if anyone is interested.

Not too bad, I guess :)

My buddy has a rear CK hub, and his isn't very loud (but he's had it for a while, and he's the second owner as well). His sounds more like a low tone hum. If mine is like that, is there any way I can make it annoyingly loud?

Hell yes you did and to get it louder you do the same for all freewheels and hubs, clean it all out, take it apart of you dare :P and when its all clean layer it in WD40 and re-assemble it, it will be a lot louder as WD40 is less dense than the factory grease so it muffles the sound less (Y)

but WARNING doing this doing this could damage your hub or take away that patented Ck smoothness.

The factory lube is better protection for the components but gives it that hum. the WD40 doesn't help the internals as well but sounds bleddy marvelous !! Tis up to you mate (Y)

Joel ;)

Hell yes you did and to get it louder you do the same for all freewheels and hubs, clean it all out, take it apart of you dare :P and when its all clean layer it in WD40 and re-assemble it, it will be a lot louder as WD40 is less dense than the factory grease so it muffles the sound less (Y)

but WARNING doing this doing this could damage your hub or take away that patented Ck smoothness.

The factory lube is better protection for the components but gives it that hum. the WD40 doesn't help the internals as well but sounds bleddy marvelous !! Tis up to you mate (Y)

Joel ;)

DONT USE WD40!!!

That stuff will kill your king! WD40 should only be used to clean out the oil in your king and after you put WD40 in you have to clean it all back out again!

Use a thin chain lube in your king, just put a little, so then it will be well lubed, run smooth, and nothing will go wrong.

This is what I do with my king and everyone else I know with a king and none of us have had any problems!

This is sorta like the stuff we use to lube our kings, it would work fine!

undefined

undefined

Hope I helped you and got to you before you put WD40 in your king!

Pav

I see to remember Tart (CK Uber-lord) recommending/using/telling the world to use Finish Line Wet XC lube to get your King running nicely. Speaking as someone who owns a totally silent bike, totally silent bikes own. Don't worry about it not being annoyingly loud, you'll only get even more people saying there's "something wrong with your bike" or "something's rubbing on your tyre"...