Fear From Injuries

addicted

Hello

Today, during bunnyhop i managed to smash my chin and crack a tooth with the stem(its lame, i know) (N) .For first five minutes i was experiencing the wors head ache ever, but now is fine exept for my tooth, which is cracked.The problem is that i have fear from doing it again...I now have this "mental block" which prevents me from bunnyhoping(i just dont pull up as i used to do it before).How do you guys handle situations like that?

Edited by addicted

I get a nice long 8mm allen key, and insert it up my arsehole. Once it's fully inserted, I turn it EXACTLEY 270 degrees anti-clockwise. That usually get's rid of any fear.

:rolleyes:

No-one is going to give you a magic answer to make you bunny hop again, you need to build your confidence back again, depending on the size of your balls, this process could take a while. (that bit's not bullshit)

This is why its called an extreme sport mate. You're going to get hurt at some point, and I don't know ANYONE who hasn't at some point come off their bike in all out agony. You just have to (lol, no pun intended here) keep your chin up and get your head around it.

You'll only learn by taking a few slams, after that, you'll progress. This is whats referred to as the School of Hard Knocks.

Rich

This is why its called an extreme sport mate. You're going to get hurt at some point, and I don't know ANYONE who hasn't at some point come off their bike in all out agony. You just have to (lol, no pun intended here) keep your chin up and get your head around it.

You'll only learn by taking a few slams, after that, you'll progress. This is whats referred to as the School of Hard Knocks.

Rich

Rich is totally right!

If you ain't feeling confident just go back to some smaller stuff and do that, you will soon be back to normal level. :)

Rich

hes got it right, my way, is if i can walk, ill get straight back up and do it again,and again, and again and again, till i dont hurt myself. like in shrews the other week, first move of the day, and i took a big bail. thought about dustin meself off, and sittin out for a few minutes, then realised it wouldnt achieve much, other than make me scared of that drop, so instead, before anyone really had a chance to think what had gone on, id chucked me bike back up there, got on it, and dropped off the wall. ergo, rather than next time i go back there i wont think"ah yea, last time i did this, i bailed big", rather ill think"hey last time i did this, i pulled it off, and ive fallen off this drop before, and i could still caryy on riding, so cant be too bad".

just throw yourself back at it if you can, and if you cant, go do some small stuff again.

Hello

Today, during bunnyhop i managed to smash my chin and crack a tooth with the stem(its lame, i know) (N) .For first five minutes i was experiencing the wors head ache ever, but now is fine exept for my tooth, which is cracked.The problem is that i have fear from doing it again...I now have this "mental block" which prevents me from bunnyhoping(i just dont pull up as i used to do it before).How do you guys handle situations like that?

Hi well every time i do something like this i ether get up and do it straight away or build you self up agen don't go as big get gradually bigger but leave it for a few days.

chris

Rich

i know what you mean...But i have had several injuries before(broken rib), but it was difrent crash...This time i actualy managed to hurt myself doing bhop over nothing...

Rich

That's right!!

Think philisophical?? Pain is weakness leaveing the body..... or No Pain No Gain! :turned:

I dont get this, its weird. When your stood looking at a line ( or bunnyhoping )

you dont feel the pain till after youve done it! so just try it again! its mental over

physical here, Overcome the body games and give it a shot! go do it...

Lewis (Y)

I get a nice long 8mm allen key, and insert it up my arsehole. Once it's fully inserted, I turn it EXACTLEY 270 degrees anti-clockwise. That usually get's rid of any fear.

:rolleyes:

No-one is going to give you a magic answer to make you bunny hop again, you need to build your confidence back again, depending on the size of your balls, this process could take a while. (that bit's not bullshit)

This is completely true, apparently, its to do eith some hormone or other thats makes you have sper-human stregnth, thats why some slaves in the olden days got their balls chopped, so that they would be permenantly shitting themselves.

The problem I have is some days I can do hard stuff without thinking, and others I have to push myslef to do the smallest stuff...

Do I have self-adjusting testicles? Is this a re-accuring problem?

I don't think i'd go as far as suggesting cutting them off, try not wanking for a while and see if that helps any? they are bound to get a bit bigger over say a fornight?

Try that.

Also get a lot of sleep most of the time and drink lots of water, it helps to keep you in top physical and mental condition, and you can't ride well if you're knackered or dehydrated.

It can make a big difference just going to bed early before a big ride and drinking loads of water the day before and on the day.

Its mainly the pain and thought of doing the same thing again that stops you.

Once you've healed up a bit, just look forward take it as a mistake and start anew, if you keep think of the same mistake you won't want to try bunnyhopping again.

I find that as soon as I have fallen off and cut my shin on my pedal or knee on the stem, any other fall/minor injury (in this case yours was more of a major injury). I try to get back up and have a go at it again.

Its like if you went on a motorbike when young, fell off and got badly hurt, never went on a motorbike for like another 5 years, time makes it all the more worse. It is best to get back up and try again, to tell yourself that the fall was a one-off and will probably never happen again.