Investing Moneys . . .

Caleb

basically come into a big sum of money from inheritance, and know if i continue to keep it handy i wil do something stupid.

just want to know where's the best place to put 10k to get the most interest, not too bothered about it being fixed and needing to take it out either.

ive heard about isa's but you can only do one a year up to the max of 3k right?

basically come into a big sum of money from inheritance, and know if i continue to keep it handy i wil do something stupid.

just want to know where's the best place to put 10k to get the most interest, not too bothered about it being fixed and needing to take it out either.

ive heard about isa's but you can only do one a year up to the max of 3k right?

Yeah ISA's are a really good idea for atleast £3k of it, so do that then you've got £7k to play with.

There's a company called LIBA (London Investment Banking Assoc.) who lend funds to the government and big companies for investment I think.

I'm not 100% but that's something to look into :) Investment Banking ..

Edited by Nick Carter

Ok, so you've got £10k.

Get £3,000 put in an ISA. ISA's are going to be your best bet because you don't pay tax on your interest.

Then put the £7k into an online saver, you can put as much as you like in an online saver in one big go. They have very high interest rates too, higher than ISA's but it'll work out less when tax is deducted.

Then, when the new tax year starts in a fe months (after April 5th) you can stick another £3k in from your online saver into you ISA. Leaving 2k in your online saver which you'll transfer across the next tax year.

You'll be earning well over £1 a day on interest alone. Probably about £400-£500 a year.

(Y)

Do you work?

Cos if you don't I doubt you'll earn enough interest off 10k to pay tax, so you'd be better off putting it in the highest rate account you can find. If you do work/pay tax, stick 3k in an isa (assuming you haven't opened one this tax year), and the other 7k in a high interest account.

3k in an isa, then play the risk game, which is risk free, as you cant lose, but you might not make, and stick £7k in premium bonds, or is it just me that loves there tax freeeness, and chance to win big, its basically a bunch of lottery tickets. but u get your money back if they all lose.