Brake Pads

welsh_side_2003

i dont know weather to stick with what i know best which is to stick with plazmatic crms or try others, theres sooo many nowadays!!!

i run a rough grind and like a dab of tar, dont use in the wet either, im 17stone so need something that wont slip out.............

any suggestions very welcome.....cheers. carlos.

Pm , Ali C, and ask for some joypads, ive had koxx browns, koxx greens, and many other pads, and for £10 posted, the JoyPads are fantastic, great hold, amazing, sound perfect pads for riding wet and dry, your grind will probably wear out before pads will, had mine a while yet and there still full and i ride 3 tyms a week, hope ive helped

ps, get the joypads

Pm , Ali C, and ask for some joypads, ive had koxx browns, koxx greens, and many other pads, and for £10 posted, the JoyPads are fantastic, great hold, amazing, sound perfect pads for riding wet and dry, your grind will probably wear out before pads will, had mine a while yet and there still full and i ride 3 tyms a week, hope ive helped

ps, get the joypads

i agree with this man my mate as some on his bike and they are awsome for a 10 posted

ps, get the joypads

Mine wore down about 3mm in the first day on a 3-4 week old grind. There was pad dust everywhere. They don't honk but make sort of a swooshing squeal and the hold is okay. I don't personally think their as good as everyone makes out.

And i'm 16.5 stone too :D

Mine wore down about 3mm in the first day on a 3-4 week old grind. There was pad dust everywhere. They don't honk but make sort of a swooshing squeal and the hold is okay. I don't personally think their as good as everyone makes out.

And i'm 16.5 stone too :D

WHAT!!! ive used; coust-sinks

plazies

zoo'z

monty's

rock reds

rock blues

koxx browns

koxx yellows

bt reds

and next to plazies joy pads are by far the best! and i ground my mates rim harsher then sand papper and theyve lasted better then any other pads iv seen!!! and for £10!! wooooooo joy pads all the way. and also mine are deathening! they like fog-horns...lol

Edited by aim@me

WHAT!!! ive used; coust-sinks

plazies

zoo'z

monty's

rock reds

rock blues

koxx browns

koxx yellows

bt reds

and next to plazies joy pads are by far the best! and i ground my mates rim harsher then sand papper and theyve lasted better then any other pads iv seen!!! and for £10!! wooooooo joy pads all the way. and also mine are deathening! they like fog-horns...lol

Nope, i'm not convinced. You obviously have a different idea about a harsh grind then as my medium worn grind has taken the pads down to about half the material now that i've ridden at uni today.

I have had two people say that their joypads wore down quick, it seems pretty random, perhaps the pads you got were from a block of rubber that was 100% mixed right (I dont mix them btw).

Most people have been happy with the wear rate, I would like to keep customers happy, so if you want Kris, I'll do you a free replacment pair as I am not satisfied with how long your pads lasted.

I have had two people say that their joypads wore down quick, it seems pretty random, perhaps the pads you got were from a block of rubber that was 100% mixed right (I dont mix them btw).

Most people have been happy with the wear rate, I would like to keep customers happy, so if you want Kris, I'll do you a free replacment pair as I am not satisfied with how long your pads lasted.

I took some pics of the dust after the first 30 mintues riding in my garden ;)... Check it out. Theres blue pad dust everywhere :lol:

Right pad

dsc00211sd6.jpg

Left pad

dsc00207fm6.jpg

The left one is now at about 4-5mm and the right one is at about 3-4mm.

Thanks for the offer of new pads, but i don't feel comfotable about it, like its cheeky. I just thought it was quite funny more than anything.