New Frame Needed

LEON

Im after a new frame,stock, narrowed it down to adamant a2 long and gu typhoon long, i fancy the high bb lot, whats the difference between the 2? Im looking at a 2nd hand typhoon at the mo, if he doesnt get back to me i'll be buying the a2 from select bikes next week, opinions etc please, as well as bar & stem recommendations, and no im not gonna be riding it like my past bikes

:turned:

Leon

Do you think its possible to learn to like it? Im coming from a loooong line of orange zeros and zebdis, never had a long bike, and to be hones i hate the long low bikes with long stems, flat bars etc,I'm just drawn to these 26" mods though, i fancy something totally different. ive just been watching alot of damon watson and tunnicliffe and I have the urge to try 1, feel free to offer me your frames too

Leon

my worst nightmare!!

sos pal, I dont like either, I'll leave it for the high bb lovers to all to say get the GU

don't be so narrow minded, they may not work for you but obviously they can be ridden to a very high standard. get the GU im not really much of a fan of the adaments, probably seeing as i have only ridden ones with weird setups. but the choice is yours in the end...

Do you think its possible to learn to like it?

Yeah, you'll love it after a few rides but within a month or two you'll never want to ride it again. I've got a high bb frame and it has taken me a lot of stubbornness to keep it.

You'll want a very long stem with a bit of rise. These frames feel really short. My ad has a 1075mm wheelbase but feels way shorter than my previous frame which was a 1060 pure.

my freind went from a plannet X + t rapto to a gu long + he didn't have any problems with the geo changes and he's not complained about it a year on either. but he's special, and ginger (Y) i havent had much experiance with big wheels though so i can't really help, i'll go poke questions at him later though (Y)

don't be so narrow minded

not being narrow minded, I had a high bb frame and it was honestly the worst frame I have ever owned, I would rather do trials on an xc or jump bike than any high bb frames.

Anyway, I never said he shouldnt get one (dont get one!) I just personally think they are the scurge of the oceans!

You do get the odd rider who are super good on high bb frames (damon) but I am pretty sure he would be even better than he already is if he got a low bb frame. Most people I have seen on high bb frames are either beginners who dont know any better, people who want to be like damon and think only a high bb frame will make them like him and actual good riders who can ride them well.

I agree with leon, long low bikes with long low stems and flat bars suck! but a nice long low frame with a medium legth high stem with some risers is just the sex! turns it into a do it all bike.

I will be having azonics still :) unless they really feel wrong, ive just never ridden a standard bb long frame and liked it, ive tried koxx,echo,bt, ok they werent my ideal set ups but they didnt even feel close.

If i really hate it i can just swap it for a zero :turned:

LEON

I find that when people just have a quick go, they like the ease of rear wheel control, its pretty much always the first impression that people go with.

Thats what happened with me anyway, but I soon found that the rear wheel control comprimised the bikes other uses.

I dont have the best balence in the world, so I found that on a high bb bike, my center of gravity was noticably higher and I could randomly fall off for no reason.

Theres soooooooo much more to how good a bike is than rear wheel control, sure high bb bikes are good at some stuff (hooks backwheel control and aparently gaps to front are nicer) but since when has a normal frame been hard on the rear wheel? I think sidehops, normal gaps, staying on the bike once landing moves, bunnyhops, manuals, and general balence are all better on low bb bikes

I dont want to sound bigheaded or anything, but it nearly always seems to be the newer, learner rider who like high bb frames (just because of the rear wheel control I think), I can count the number of top riders who use bbs over 30mm on one hand.

not being narrow minded, I had a high bb frame and it was honestly the worst frame I have ever owned, I would rather do trials on an xc or jump bike than any high bb frames.

Anyway, I never said he shouldnt get one (dont get one!) I just personally think they are the scurge of the oceans!

You do get the odd rider who are super good on high bb frames (damon) but I am pretty sure he would be even better than he already is if he got a low bb frame. Most people I have seen on high bb frames are either beginners who dont know any better, people who want to be like damon and think only a high bb frame will make them like him and actual good riders who can ride them well.

I agree with leon, long low bikes with long low stems and flat bars suck! but a nice long low frame with a medium legth high stem with some risers is just the sex! turns it into a do it all bike.

I find that when people just have a quick go, they like the ease of rear wheel control, its pretty much always the first impression that people go with.

Thats what happened with me anyway, but I soon found that the rear wheel control comprimised the bikes other uses.

I dont have the best balence in the world, so I found that on a high bb bike, my center of gravity was noticably higher and I could randomly fall off for no reason.

Theres soooooooo much more to how good a bike is than rear wheel control, sure high bb bikes are good at some stuff (hooks backwheel control and aparently gaps to front are nicer) but since when has a normal frame been hard on the rear wheel? I think sidehops, normal gaps, staying on the bike once landing moves, bunnyhops, manuals, and general balence are all better on low bb bikes

I dont want to sound bigheaded or anything, but it nearly always seems to be the newer, learner rider who like high bb frames (just because of the rear wheel control I think), I can count the number of top riders who use bbs over 30mm on one hand.

thats a fair justification and one i can respect and agree with

Hi, not sure who ricky is, i know gav on here's got an adamant, im rarely in southend though.

I reckon i ride would help yea, but chances are it'd be a way different set up from what i'd have, in my 10 years of riding i've only used riser bars so anything flat-ish just makes me cry :(

LEON

lol, you might like the set up i have.......you never know,

oh and ali why dont you like high bb soooooooo much, what is it that is so bad about them, because there to easy to ride?

edit: must stop talking msn talk:P

Edited by Reecerazor

leon, u know ricky dont you? ive got a bt 6.0 with a hight bb. would you like to try and see how u get on with it, so that u can make your mind up:)

all i can say that they are sooooo easy on the back wheel

:-

lolol, i agree with the manuals + such but thats not really trials is it. also i've seen people maual high bb no problem (Y) what about the whole extra clearance you get with bb rise though?

lolol, i agree with the manuals + such but thats not really trials is it. also i've seen people maual high bb no problem (Y) what about the whole extra clearance you get with bb rise though?

yeah, thinks its rafal that rides the bright yellow bt, i mean he doesn't have no problems with the high bb, he can manual like no tomorrow. so ali are you saying he is a learner and doesn't know better and thinks he like damon...

yeah, thinks its rafal that rides the bright yellow bt, i mean he doesn't have no problems with the high bb, he can manual like no tomorrow. so ali are you saying he is a learner and doesn't know better and thinks he like damon...

no ali is saying certain people can ride high bb bikes well, while others do just to be damon

hey leon to be honest i wouldnt see you riding a long bike at all, you are so good with your short frames, well every time ive seen you ride you pulling insane bunny hops etc

gavs adamant rides nice but i think it has too much bb rise same with reeces yours rides nice on back wheel etc but its weird i like my raven (ross's old one)

instead of a really long frame why not a ashton still streety with bb rise every rider ive seen ride one seems to ride that so well (matt staples, fred, ashton himself etc)

ricky