What Annoys You More? Punctures Or Hose Burst?

will_zooboy!

I think i'd prefer my hose to burst than get a puncture, because i have to de-link my chain to get mt back wheel off, where a fooked hose is easier to get at and repair. But then again, you could get injured with a burst hose, no back brake = no sensation from the neck down. >_<

id rather have a puncher any day because if your hose brakes in a mid air jump or sum thing who says your going to be ridding home you might not have to ride home cus you will be in the back of and ambulance if you land it wrong :S so yer just take a puncher repair kit (Y)

WHAT! obiously a puncture! you dont have to take the wheel off if its a lil one... a tube is only a few quid and with hosing you have to bother with barbs and olives and re bleeds and setting up your pads right... risking rounding off your caliper bolts waiting for delivery of hosing... finding out you dont have any olives you pull being shit even after the re - bleed.....

a puncture you just need a tube... or fix kit! 10-20 min job easy!

EDIT and hoses can go quite slowly so you end up with a wank brake and risk yourself.... a tube you only risk your rim

Edited by Simpson

WHAT! obiously a puncture! you dont have to take the wheel off if its a lil one... a tube is only a few quid and with hosing you have to bother with barbs and olives and re bleeds and setting up your pads right... risking rounding off your caliper bolts waiting for delivery of hosing... finding out you dont have any olives you pull being shit even after the re - bleed.....

a puncture you just need a tube... or fix kit! 3-5 min job easy!

I can't beleive people would prefer to have their hose burst. Punctures are the easiest thing to fix on a bike. pour the glue on, blow on it, put a patch on, hold it down... 2 minutes later its fixed.

I can't beleive people would prefer to have their hose burst. Punctures are the easiest thing to fix on a bike. pour the glue on, blow on it, put a patch on, hold it down... 2 minutes later its fixed.

Exactly :P If it was a hose split - You would have to take the whole thing off , get your new bit of tube then strugle like hell to squeez it on then after all that bleed the brake. Some people like they say dont even have a bleed kit and they would still rather a puncture wtf? :P

Puncture ***!

Edited by BrAd-Tpro

I would definatly prefer to have a puncture,

reason's being has already been said:

when hose bursts it could be painful

if you have no spare hose then you need to buy some and wait for it to be delivered

also for me i strugle like hell to fit the hose

and bleeding the brake then setting it up again.

where as a puncture is so much easyer to repair and can be alot less painful than when a hose burst whilst doing a drop or riding rocks anything realy.

Well for me I'd deffo prefer the puncture cus my backwheel's the easiest thing in the world to take off and put back on. But it can get shite when the f**kin tyre doesn't come off or go back on and I end up having to find the most suitable metal object in my garage to prise the f**ker off. Then end up worrying about folding my rim or making my grind crap where the aforementioned metal object was rubbing on it and making it smoother >_<