The Sidehop Thread

python_man

I'm talking about in the region of 35-40" - you don't need to tuck. people have been side hopping that using the front to back (no tuck) for like, 10 years on less suitable bikes than people currently ride?

...people putting 20" sidehops on this thread with stupid tucks is well, stupid.

Totally agree, it's stupid. I was just starting to lean the bike over when I got to about 40", because it was the logical way to get higher. I watched an old video of me hopping about 38-40 my bad way and even then I didn't need to tuck - there was simply no need. The 'tuck' to me is like a trump card - play it when you really have to. Use it up on a 2ft sidehop and what you going to do next?!

I swear people just try and make their sidehop look a certain way. Unfortunately XC helmets and long-low bikes will cancel out any style points anyway, so there's probably no point trying to tuck if you don't need to, or indeed posting such pictures in this thread.

Just what I'm thinking, that, so don't cry if you don't like it.

Totally agree, it's stupid. I was just starting to lean the bike over when I got to about 40", because it was the logical way to get higher. I watched an old video of me hopping about 38-40 my bad way and even then I didn't need to tuck - there was simply no need. The 'tuck' to me is like a trump card - play it when you really have to. Use it up on a 2ft sidehop and what you going to do next?!

I swear people just try and make their sidehop look a certain way. Unfortunately XC helmets and long-low bikes will cancel out any style points anyway, so there's probably no point trying to tuck if you don't need to, or indeed posting such pictures in this thread.

Just what I'm thinking, that, so don't cry if you don't like it.

My sentiments exactly.

To be frank it really doesn’t matter how much a rider tuck IMO, as long as he/she do it, its ok... I mean end of the day if you make it then well-done :)

Well I think that is the point people are trying to make, alot of riders don't tuck to make it anymore, they tuck just get a big tuck, even if the wall is so small thatit isn't a challenge for them.

But you're right on the rest though (Y)

QUOTE (danny B @ Nov 8 2007, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think that this is a good one of me going over a bar lol, bit of an oldie though

Was this with some of the other mad team cos I remember meeting a few the mad team there once.

Some good street as well.

Matt

I don't understand why people are saying that there's no need to tuck on 35-40 inch sidehops, tucking for me at least makes a sidehop easier so i tuck on a 40 incher because i'm to lazy to do it 'properly' even though on a good day i could go 5 or 6 inches higher without too much trouble.

Saying that i don't think there is any need to post a picture of you're self actually trying to tuck when you could go higher with less tuckage