Magura Fluid

BIGA1

To mutch hasle with bleeding.

Wow, did you actually go to school ? not being harsh but please get a spell check in your own interest so you don't look like a goon. And why would bleeding with water be more hassle than any other liquid you're gonna put in your brake ?

Joel

Edited by JsyJoel93

People!

Stop using water!

There is no need to bleed your brakes unless you damage them in any way and they need a re bleed caused from ripped hosing or if the system is broken in any form.

Magura come with a 5 year no leak warranty so you shouldn't need to bled so often. Most people do because they tried to themselves and bodged it with some other fluid than Magura Blood or any mineral oil.

Water (no matter how well it works) will cause corrosion and will not be as good as mineral, and will then lead to constant bleeding of your brakes.

Just do it properly first time and get some mineral oil and you'll never have problems. Magura actually suggest vegetable oil so why not nick it from the kitchen at home.

Stop destroy perfectly good working brakes. Most of the time it's due to pad wear, incorrect installment/setup of the brake that causes a spongy feeling or even brake/frame flex.

So stop bleeding for the sake of it.

Rob

People!

Stop using water!

There is no need to bleed your brakes unless you damage them in any way and they need a re bleed caused from ripped hosing or if the system is broken in any form.

Magura come with a 5 year no leak warranty so you shouldn't need to bled so often. Most people do because they tried to themselves and bodged it with some other fluid than Magura Blood or any mineral oil.

Water (no matter how well it works) will cause corrosion and will not be as good as mineral, and will then lead to constant bleeding of your brakes.

Just do it properly first time and get some mineral oil and you'll never have problems. Magura actually suggest vegetable oil so why not nick it from the kitchen at home.

Stop destroy perfectly good working brakes. Most of the time it's due to pad wear, incorrect installment/setup of the brake that causes a spongy feeling or even brake/frame flex.

So stop bleeding for the sake of it.

Rob

i'd rather use water then any other liquid,

ive bin running it for years and my brake is fine in all weather conditions, i have'nt had any problems at all.

so i'm going to stick with it.

Paul!

ive bin running it for years and my brake is fine in all weather conditions, i have'nt had any problems at all.

Paul!

(Y) You speak for quite a few people mate, been riding with water for a year and had to bleed it twice. Once to put the water in, and once for a flush out. No hassle, great break. I think i'll take the risk :P

Joel ;)

You know, the people that are intent on making their brake the best in the world are always the ones that have brake problems. People that set up their pads because they've slipped during the day, even if it has been pretty much every braking opportunity (i.e. every backwheel or gap etc) are the ones that have problems. I had an A* shit brake for a couple of weeks but left it be and now it never slips.

Kris set up his brake every week assuring me that it's essential and he always had a defective brake. I haven't had to set up my brake for months and yesterday, whilst riding in the rain, my brake didn't even slip once.

Bottom line: If you've just got your bike 1st hand (which most of you new meber probably have), grab a pair of plazmatic CRMs, grind your rim, shove pads on and leave forever providing the pads are set up correctly. Result: One year on, same set of pads and an excellent brake. Bleeding is just an excuse for a shite brake and will rarely show improvemnt in our brake, unless it is an old system.

People!

Stop using water!

writing....

Rob

finally! someone who shares my views on this!

why bleed your brakes with what they are not meant to be bled with, and bleed them once a month for no obvious reason?

my disks on my dirt jumper are going fine on their original bleed, what was in them when they came out the shop!

why do people have an uncontrollable urge to re bleed brakes every five minutes!?!

im sure ill get abused for this like always but just dont do it!

matt

leave the brakes alone and itll be perfectly fine as long as you have it.

Edited by 20inchsuperstar

why bleed your brakes with what they are not meant to be bled with, and bleed them once a month for no obvious reason?

my disks on my dirt jumper are going fine on their original bleed, what was in them when they came out the shop!

why do people have an uncontrollable urge to re bleed brakes every five minutes!?!

matt

agreed

Paul!

When i actually had some maggy fluid in my shed, i used it. But since then i have used water and my mates use water and anti-freeze in the winter and neither them or I have had any problems with 'corrosion' or anything like that.

Edited by montyrider07

matt

to be honest, i destroy maggies before corrosion can, so i dont give a shit. ive broken yet another lever today, and got sold a full front maggie for £3 well happy

I dont get why people bleed their brakes all the time, mine has worked fine from when i fix the broken cable to when it brakes again. I also bleed with water, and have no problems, last time i bled my brake it was perfect, still is, and wont bleed until i break my cross voer again(going to have to get braided hosing i think)

Wow, did you actually go to school ? not being harsh but please get a spell check in your own interest so you don't look like a goon. And why would bleeding with water be more hassle than any other liquid you're gonna put in your brake ?

Joel

Because with water the feel gos away after short time of being in the brake then your pads rub on the rim.