Hook, Bunny Hop Problem

Adrian

sorry about this, i know its realy new memberish... but anyway, reet basicaly ive been trying hooks recently but my problem is that i cant get any speed as i need to put a pedal kick in to lift the front up, so obviously when i go to do bigger hooks i cant go fast enough to actualy get up the wall.

i end up hitting it pretty slow and only half making it :( or like yesterday going faster and not being able to lift the front up and riding into the wall, which f**kin hurt.. alot!

ive got a long GU with a try-all 130 x 20 stem and zoo bars. i thought that i could blame it on my bike and set-up yet iv seen plenty of people like damon w lift the front a peice of piss, and he has a slightly lower set up then me..lol someone help

when ever im out im always trying manuels and stuff but i cant actualy lift the front up what so ever, ill lean back as faaaaaaaaarrr as i can and proper yank the bars but they dont budge, everynow and the they might but i get thrown off the back.. lol as i said its not just the fact that i have a high bb as loads of peeps can do them on high bb frames... thanks for the help so far though

when ever im out im always trying manuels and stuff but i cant actualy lift the front up what so ever, ill lean back as faaaaaaaaarrr as i can and proper yank the bars but they dont budge, everynow and the they might but i get thrown off the back.. lol as i said its not just the fact that i have a high bb as loads of peeps can do them on high bb frames... thanks for the help so far though

Push your feet forwards at the same time as pulling on the bars. Helps a lot!

• Like 1

yea but i have to be going realy slow so that when i pedal it actualy lifts the front up, and at this speed i can only make about 4/5ft, and it sucks!!! i need more speed! which means i need to bunny hop, ill try pushing my feet forwards and tilting my bars back like you lot said.. cheers mates

Built my gu long up today :) can manual it pretty easy, havent tried getting it right up in the hook position though, i have 130x30 hi fi stem & onza risers.

All practice i suppose! being tall helps too, but yea angling the bars back will help alot

Leon