Criminal Damage!?

Sticky!

they aren't to bad round where i live but they thats only the police that cannot arrest you. but then if the real coppers come there like 'you are not allowed to ride on that' or it's 'you are good but save it for the skatepark'

Over all they are pretty cool with us

Jack

You actually got charged with criminal damage?? That's ridiculous, making you pay for the bench is fair enough if you broke it but pressing charges is going too far. If the councils don't bother paying for any facilities what do they expect?

Been told to move on in Birmingham city centre by the community support officers which is why we ride street on the uni campus as it's uni security and they can't do anything except tell you to move on! So long as you keep moving wherever you ride it seems to be fine, staying in the same spot tends to attract attention. Full face helmet means they can’t recognise you the next time either..

Not been stopped for no lights or being on the pavement yet, but why should we ride on the road and risk being killed by badly driven cars? On the pavement it is no danger to pedestrians if you're careful, but riding on the road however many lights you have there's still crap drivers around.

No matter how many good drivers there are it only needs one to run into you.

My gosh, you guys are awesome! Lucky for me, my girl rides too... so when the cops roll by, we just hold hands and pedal in a straight line like we weren't jumping on anything. No one bothers us when she is around. So, the moral is, "If you get a girlfriend that rides, and if you act really gay, the cops may just leave you alone." Then again, in those big European cities, you probably go riding in large groups (jealousy overrides me). >_<

Harry and me were riding on a wall and a community support officer pulls up on his bike. He calls me over, so I ride over to him. Then he threatens me with a £30 fine for riding on the path, about 2 metres from the wall! He tells us to go down the skatepark. :huh:

So we rode off over the other side of town to the steps of the closed down Odeon. About 5 minutes later some bloke starts shouting over to us... looked over and it was the damn officer again, this time on foot with another one! I couldn't believe it! So he gives us a final warning for riding on the path and takes our details down. :angry:

So in the end we just went down the skatepark! Didn't want to risk bumping into him again and getting a fine :(

Fyfey :turned:

I think the £100 fine is absolutely ridiculous and completely dissproportionate to the crime you committed.

How is it though? he broke the bench the council payed a load of money to instal for public use and to fix / replace it will cost more than 100quid i expect.... not saying id be happy about paying it but dont use long words like a lawyer. He broke the bench...... he pays for it? why should the council?

Then again, in those big European cities, you probably go riding in large groups (jealousy overrides me). >_<

What so we take the choice between 16 boys on bikes holding hands and getting beaten up when the police come past... or getting arrested..... i choose to get arrested lol :P

i'll hold your hand simpson,

we are now totally screwed by our now totally un-cool-as-you-like police community officers (the dudes that got uniform but didn't quite get the job) hate me because im always doing stuff and "presenting a danger to myself and those around me" (theres no-one there you tard!) and they said that if they even see me hopping they're gonna give me a fine and confiscate my bike. i was all uber wtf for a few minutes but i think its a bit excessive.

i cant escape either, my fluro wheels have a major undesirable side affect of not really comouflaging me/ my bike very well.

im scared to even ride now, but we get people scouting and fecking go for it still :P they can't beat us!

as for being told to move on, just do it.

matt

How is it though? he broke the bench the council payed a load of money to instal for public use and to fix / replace it will cost more than 100quid i expect.... not saying id be happy about paying it but dont use long words like a lawyer. He broke the bench...... he pays for it? why should the council?

He should pay for it but...one part of the bench cannot cost £100! It's a long piece of wood fastened down, he didn't destroy the whole thing.

And dissproportionate isn't exactly that tricky :S

Phil

He should pay for it but...one part of the bench cannot cost £100! It's a long piece of wood fastened down, he didn't destroy the whole thing.

And dissproportionate isn't exactly that tricky :S

A workman would charge a hundred pounds proably just to be sent out! lol a load of bollocks to do with health and saftey and needing to be qualifyed a million times.... bet it would cost a hundered EASY!!!

im a simple man.......

Where me and my mates ride in Ipswich (the Wolsey Theatre) we get complaints from the owners, and they called the police. I wasnt here on the incident when the cop actually turned up (from the police station 70 yards down) but he just asked them how long it took to learn :rolleyes: haha.

but he just asked them how long it took to learn :rolleyes: haha.

Well that sounds like once when i was on my unicycle just outside the police station and a copper came out and asked me how long it took to ride one and asked for a go.

But still i did the damage and need to pay but £100 just for a thin bit of rotten wood about 1 and a half metres long is a bit extortionate even like hobbsy said the benches where bad enough anyways.

Callum

I've gone front to back on a fibreglass bin, which happened to buckle alot under my weight, not realising a poilce car was pulling up behind me.

He called me over to his car and said '' that was quite impressive, do it again I wanna see''.

Needless to say I was shocked, but pleased.

one time i got a bollocking from a council gardener guy in ipswich for taking a chunk out of a wall with my helmet, i just stacked and whacked my head properly hard on the wall...i could hardly stand up but he was too woried about a little chip out of a brick to check if i was ok :S

one time i got a bollocking from a council gardener guy in ipswich for taking a chunk out of a wall with my helmet, i just stacked and whacked my head properly hard on the wall...i could hardly stand up but he was too woried about a little chip out of a brick to check if i was ok :S

wanker?

that could be seen both ways, you:- being so very inconsiderate, and chipping his presious wall (sarcasm)

him:- being an inconsiderate wank stain and not even having the decency to consider your situation

haha..

yeah, i wasnt too happy with the way he dealt with it...i was going to write to the council but then i realised i shouldnt have been riding on the wall to start with so it was best to just leave it alone!

anyway, atleast i was wearing a helmet :)