Smoking Ban

boon racoon

anyone else give a shit?! i didn't know it was coming in as soon as JULY 1ST this summer!

that's amazing. smoke in your face is bad enough in the winter, let alone summer when it's hot and humid.

i can now swill my cider in peace down the local. i wonder how many addicts will actually be bothered to walk outside to smoke, especially when winter comes.

GUTTED FAGGERS :turned:

anyone else give a shit?! i didn't know it was coming in as soon as JULY 1ST this summer!

that's amazing. smoke in your face is bad enough in the winter, let alone summer when it's hot and humid.

i can now swill my cider in peace down the local. i wonder how many addicts will actually be bothered to walk outside to smoke, especially when winter comes.

GUTTED FAGGERS :turned:

I will. I really dont care. I can smoke in my own car, house and on the streets. Ah well. Dont really use pubs anyway.

Dan...............

theres been one here for a while

it's a good thing you can go to the pub and just smell of vomit rather than smoke

it's fun to ask people to stop smoking in bus shelters then just walk away when theve stubbed it out

Edited by Gavyn L

Despite being a smoker I'm fairly keen on the ban, the only places I do smoke indoors are pubs, I don't do it at home or at work anyway. As long as facilities (by which I mean ashtrays and something to keep the rain off) are provided for those of us that wish to exercise our right to kill ourselves I'm fine with it all.

As it stands all the pubs will have to put umbrellas and gas heaters outside so they don't lose customers which means it's not going to affect me or any other smokers in the slightest - except that we'll be able to sit outside without freezing our tits off and won't have to deal with militant non-smokers bitching at us for smoking somewhere we're allowed to.

As it stands all the pubs will have to put umbrellas and gas heaters outside so they don't lose customers which means it's not going to affect me or any other smokers in the slightest - except that we'll be able to sit outside without freezing our tits off and won't have to deal with militant non-smokers bitching at us for smoking somewhere we're allowed to.

they'll just bitch at you for helping climate change because of the outdoor heating facilities pubs have provided for you to smoke. aahhhh the government, what have you done <_<

they'll just bitch at you for helping climate change because of the outdoor heating facilities pubs have provided for you to smoke. aahhhh the government, what have you done <_<

good point actually, the ban is a stupid idea for environmental reasons.

Personally I think it's bullshit. I don't smoke and I'm not really to fond of it, but it's up to each individual business if they want to allow smoking on their premises or not, it's not up to the government.

If you don't like it, go to another pub or restruant where they don't allow it.

Personally I think it's bullshit. I don't smoke and I'm not really to fond of it, but it's up to each individual business if they want to allow smoking on their premises or not, it's not up to the government.

If you don't like it, go to another pub or restruant where they don't allow it.

It clearly is the government who decides in public areas where you can and cannot smoke. (or at least will be)

It clearly is the government who decides in public areas where you can and cannot smoke. (or at least will be)

He has a point though. I do think the ban is unfair on the little local pubs that basically stay afloat on the same bunch of locals who've been going there every night for the last 20 years who just have a couple of pints of mild and a pipe or two of tobacco at the bar - they could really suffer if the ban is actually enforced (i'll grant, it probably won't be in the little places)

I'm glad about it. I spend most of my time in pubs (sounds pathetic, but I'm on a pteam so I kinda have to...and theres pretty much nothing to do otherwise). I've been in hospital with my lungs which was not nice, so you sort of learn to look after your lungs and not smoke.

Not smoking is my choice, if anyone else wants to smoke thats their choice and not my problem...but it is my problem when I'm in the same area as them with no choice but to breath in their smoke. Ok , you can say 'you do have a choice...leave', but why the f**k should I?

Pubs will be a hell of a lot more pleasent now, you don't notice when you're in them because you just adapt/get pissed. But with fresh air it'll be a much nicer night out.

Edited by anzo

When I'm out in bars/clubs, the smoke makes my eyes sting consequently making them run. I look like a right pansy because it looks like im crying, thus making it f'ing hard to pull any girls.

Smoking ban will be beneficial to me and my health.

I was out on Friday night with a few girls, one started smoking and just didn't really give a shit about anyone else around her, which I find most smokers dont. I believe its common curtosy to ask 'Does anyone mind if I smoke?' when around non-smokers.

Another girl said 'I'm only a social smoker'...what the f**k? To me its seems pathetic; a desprite attempt to 'fit in' because all your mates smoke their lungs out, and well, we all know, not developing lung cancer just isn't cool anymore.

I think social smoking is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. No one 'likes' smoking unless they're addicted, and most people I know who are addicted don't like it either. Just seems like a pathetic excuse to me.

I'm trying not to be too narrow minded here, I know people smoke on the forum, and I'm not trying to cause offence or anything, I just find it difficult to understand how and why people start smoking from the start.

Edit: Actually sitting here I think I'm just jealous, my lungs are playing up again. I find it unfair how I've never smoked and yet I still have shit for lungs.

Edited by anzo

Well fingers crossed all the pubs round here enforce it. I hate getting home, then curling up in bed and only being able to smell smoke on me. I dont mind others smoking thats fine, but when its being blown in my face it annoys me, so much i snapped 19 fags in a mates pack of 20 cause the kept breathing in my face. :sick:

i also think they should up the age to 21, to be able to buy cigarettes.

not for safety really, but because i assume most smokers start when they are like 13-17, by the time they are 21 they should have the common sense not to want to smoke anyway.

no 16 year old can make a decision that important.

Finally.

cant be doing with breathing in people smoke. If they want to kill themselves slowly, then do it somewhere else.

People will find a way around it though like most things.

EDIT: People only smoke at like 11 because they think tehy are cool as f**k and its a danger. when they reach 16 its legal so it wear off, silly twats

Edited by Si-man

Was at the Ideal Home exhibition in Earl's Court, London, yesterday.

There was a stand to tell you about smoking, two things I remember are that there are 4000 chemicals in each cigarette. Some of the more harmful ones are: Benzene, Formaldehyde, Hydrogen Cyanide, Acetone, Arsenic and Carbon Monoxide.

Also when you get a craving for cigarettes, the craving only lasts for a maximum of 3-4 minutes. So I really can't see how it can be so hard to quit. Especially when you also think about the money your saving. Still if killing yourself and wasting money are your sorta thing then theres not alot stopping you, just cant see the appeal in starting in the first place to be honest.