British Championships

Richard jersey

I find it sad that you have to where wanker boots to do a british round. you should be aloud to wear what ever you wish. Theres no rule saying you have to ride a monty for example so there shouldn't be one saying you have to wear certain shoes/clothes.

Edited by andy h

I find it sad that you have to where wanker boots to do a british round. you should be aloud to wear what ever you wish. Theres no rule saying you have to ride a monty for example so there shouldn't be one saying you have to wear certain shoes/clothes.

Do you also think it sad that you have to wear a helmet???

I think uci says you have to have ankle protection.

f**k sake kids stop thinking and just search the internet for the answer.

Officially BIU rules state that shoes must offer ankle protection.

'The rider is under the obligation to wear; a helmet, long pants, shirt and one piece ankle

protective footwear. ( i.e. ankle protection & shoes must be original shoes, one piece and not

modified). Ankle must be covered both side. (inside and outside). If the rider does not obide

with these attire regulations. HE/SHE WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY INTO THE

COMPETITION OR SECTIONS. Gloves and shirts with long sleeves are also advisable but not

compulsory.'

Officially UCI rules do not require ankle protection.

'In all trials competitions, protective headgear shall be worn during all competitions, when riding the

distances between sections and during training. Riders are obliged to opt for a helmet which meets

the high standards, like Snell, ANSI or DIN 33954.

7.4.14 Proper dress and solid shoes are required.

7.4.15 The wearing of gloves is recommended.

7.4.16 Provisions on advertising matter are regulated by the UCI.'

That took 5 minutes. Probobly about the same time it would take to read this thread and still not have a proper answer.

Do you also think it sad that you have to wear a helmet???

I think uci says you have to have ankle protection.

NO! thats just silly, but if they are going to have petty rules like that then why dont they have rules such as shin and knee guards, spine protectors, bars ends and so on.

Glad to hear that it isnt a rule in uk now, am hopeing may be to do a british round may be.

The shoe rule was abandoned in the U.K. in 2002.

'We've now received confirmation from the BIU that the 6-gear rule is to remain for 2007, but may be changed in 2008. Japan has asked the UK's organisers to stay within the full BIU rules.'

Full biu rules?

Is it any wonder there is so much confusion?

NO! thats just silly, but if they are going to have petty rules like that then why dont they have rules such as shin and knee guards, spine protectors, bars ends and so on.

Glad to hear that it isnt a rule in uk now, am hopeing may be to do a british round may be.

Hi Hudson

You do have to have bar ends.

Also which british rounds you doing? I've just found out I can ride my bike in expert class for this year so i'm doing them.

Matt Rushton

They do.

Biketrial uk have changed the rules and created 4 new catagorys so that street riders can now ride in the british championships with singlespeed etc

Yet everyone continues to moan??

If its not one thing its another!

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Hi Hudson

You do have to have bar ends.

Also which british rounds you doing? I've just found out I can ride my bike in expert class for this year so i'm doing them.

Matt Rushton

Well bar ends are a good idea, anyway im thinking of doing the blackpool round, im guessing its still going ahead right?

They do.

Biketrial uk have changed the rules and created 4 new catagorys so that street riders can now ride in the british championships with singlespeed etc

I will 2nd that!!! Miserable bunch of ******s :P

They do.

Well i will always moan about any shoe rule, because i find it abit stupid and its not something that just costs fiver ect like bar ends that will save you from skewering yourself, we are talking about 50-70-80 pound shoes.

Officially BIU rules state that shoes must offer ankle protection.

'The rider is under the obligation to wear; a helmet, long pants, shirt and one piece ankle

protective footwear. ( i.e. ankle protection & shoes must be original shoes, one piece and not

modified). Ankle must be covered both side. (inside and outside). If the rider does not obide

with these attire regulations. HE/SHE WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY INTO THE

COMPETITION OR SECTIONS. Gloves and shirts with long sleeves are also advisable but not

compulsory.'

Does someone want to tell them that the word obide doesn't exist? And please, someone turn up in long pants (I hate amercianisms)

I'm pretty sure you can wear whatever shoes you like in the British Champs, however in the World Champs there is a shoe rule whereby you can only compete if you are using shoes with ankle protection... (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Mar 17 2007, 12:01 AM)
I'm pretty sure you can wear whatever shoes you like in the British Champs, however in the World Champs there is a shoe rule whereby you can only compete if you are using shoes with ankle protection... (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

Your right Joe, thats how its been for years.

Ben.

if people can not apply rules with what they have to abide by they obviously do NOT take the sport/competition serious enough therefore is there loss.

What would happen if you went to the worlds, sneaked round the ankle (shoe rule) protection and broke your ankle? there shouldnt be NO sympathy for those who obviously failed to comply to the rules.

Its like scott says, if its not one thing people are moaning at its a frigging other!!!!

Waynio.......................