Bb 203mm

zonaboy dan

or8 guys , a ref incidents of this have happend but its not a break as suck it just creates a crack wich eventualy will snap but ive only heard of this on stock forks and ive only heared of control forks and urbans snaping there i wouldnt worry to mutch but 203 rotor is not advisable as the weight of it is unecesary . I think that 160 and sometimes 180 on a mod is the norm and 203 should be left to stock and 24 the power just isnt needed (Y) good luck hope ive helped you .

dude get a 203mm they are well beasty my mate andy h has one and his is simply immense and it has an old cable in it.i'd strongly recomend buying one especially after experiencing his. For your forks snapping i seriously doubt they will snap becuase of breaking power coming from the brake, your more likely to break your forks tapping or front wheel gapping.

cheers

chris (Y)

Yes its is true in a way , forks with disc brakes flex from the bottom of the fork blades and cauce stress at the top . seen alot of abused forks from powerful disc brakes, what forks are you running? may get away with it if ther along lines of gu or echo teams cnc jobbys?

Edited by padarik

my mates running his 203mm avid on smart guys (26") and has had no problems whatso ever so if he's running mod forks there should be no concern (Y)

my mates running his 203mm avid on smart guys (26") and has had no problems whatso ever so if he's running mod forks there should be no concern (Y)

my mates running his 203mm avid on smart guys (26") and has had no problems whatso ever so if he's running 26" forks there should be no concern (Y)

or8 guys , a ref incidents of this have happend but its not a break as suck it just creates a crack wich eventualy will snap but ive only heard of this on stock forks and ive only hearee i wouldnt worry to mutch but 203 rotor is not advisable as the weight of it is unecesary . I think that 160 and sometimes 180 on a mod is the norm and 203 should be left d of control forks and urbans snaping therto stock and 24 the power just isnt needed (Y) good luck hope ive helped you .

:huh:

Eh?

to be honest, there is no need for a rotor over 200mm, that's just being silly. I'm sure it's much cheaper to get a smaller one, and reduce the chance of fork crack/snap

203mm snapped the bottom off my fatty's. though they have a known issue of a breather hole next to the disc tab, from which the cracks propagate. take the risk though. the brake is immense! everyone no's bigger is better. anyone who says they're too big is scared of em. :lol:

Smithy