Police

fbmbmx

Hello just so everyone knows if your ride a 20" bike you are aloud to ride on the pavement because your bike is classed as a childs bike and to ride on the road you need a proper seat and reflecters on your pedels and wheel so bascilly everyone is alout to ride on the pavement.
:)

the police will take no notice to you unless they are some pussy ass newbie police man. i got threatened with a night in the cells for 'disturbing the peace' or something because i simply said ask for his badge number. they won't listen it's best to either not ride the pavement and ride elsewhere or if you do want to ride the pavement ride it at your own risk dude. ;)

'up n away could you please translate 'ploise' for me, 'alout' is obvuiously a spelling mistake i am thinking it is meant to mean allowed

Edited by ned1

the police will take no notice to you unless they are some pussy ass newbie police man. i got threatened with a night in the cells for 'disturbing the peace' or something because i simply said ask for his badge number. they won't listen it's best to either not ride the pavement and ride elsewhere or if you do want to ride the pavement ride it at your own risk dude. ;)

'up n away could you please translate 'ploise' for me, 'alout' is obvuiously a spelling mistake i am thinking it is meant to mean allowed

yer is it sorry about that spelling never been my strong point

Hello just so everyone knows if your ride a 20" bike you are aloud to ride on the pavement because your bike is classed as a childs bike and to ride on the road you need a proper seat and reflecters on your pedels and wheel so bascilly everyone is alout to ride on the pavement.

don't talk daft. you're not aloud to ride on the pavement just because you ain't got reflectors. reflectors are only required to be fitted to bikes WHEN THEY LEAVE THE SHOP as a new bike. as soon as its out, you can rip them off.

basically, don't ride like an arse when you're on the pavement. ride responsibly and considerably, and if the police do stop you, be courteous and apologetic, and just push them for as long as you have to. if there's a group of 10-15 lads on bikes thrashing along the pavement when there's pedestrians about, then the police have a duty to ensure the safety of everyone using said pavement, and the bikers will be classed as the danger.

just don't do it. and don't get cocky with the police when they stop you. if you feel you have been unfairly treated (given a fine when you were riding with care) then go to the station and make a formal complaint, just stating that you feel you were no danger to anyone. if they aren't having any of it, ask for a statement declaring which law/s you are deemed to have broken. if they do prove it, take the shame. but i'm pretty sure they would just drop it, or give you a caution or something instead

Smithy

Haha! Mint I never new about the 20" bikes being classed as a childs bike and you being able to ride on the pavement. So now when old people tell me to go on the road I can say "no, its a 20" bike" :P

Cheers Bud-

~Matty

Good In theory - BUT the old people will get all pissy about it... per usual =-/

Haha! Mint I never new about the 20" bikes being classed as a childs bike and you being able to ride on the pavement. So now when old people tell me to go on the road I can say "no, its a 20" bike" :P

Cheers Bud-

~Matty

and you wonder why they're p!ssed off in the first place, when there's cheeky little kids riding around on the pavement annoying them. group up and show some respect

Smithy

and you wonder why they're p!ssed off in the first place, when there's cheeky little kids riding around on the pavement annoying them. group up and show some respect

Smithy

Nah bud, im probabley one off the ones who show most respect, like I move out the way etc, its just when they shout at you when you even get off and walk past them with your bike that pisses me off. SOme old man came upto us when 3 of us was riding and me mate was sitting on a railing and the old man kept having ago at us and then he pushed my mate off this railing when he wasnt looking. But you get some old people that are cool and they just speak about the sport to you etc :)

Ps. Im not a chav so I dont go egging ,lol

~Matty

Nah bud, im probabley one off the ones who show most respect, like I move out the way etc, its just when they shout at you when you even get off and walk past them with your bike that pisses me off. SOme old man came upto us when 3 of us was riding and me mate was sitting on a railing and the old man kept having ago at us and then he pushed my mate off this railing when he wasnt looking. But you get some old people that are cool and they just speak about the sport to you etc :)

Ps. Im not a chav so I dont go egging ,lol

~Matty

fair enough then. just that a lot of younger riders forget that people are only used to abusive little chavs these days. and i've seen far too many kids totally ruining it for 'serious' riders. and this whole riding on the pavement issue is such a big grey area, theres no point trying it on with the police or public. just do as you're told, and avoid getting in to further trouble.

infact, we have loads of bobby's on bikes around here in oxford. I'm gonna stop the next one they see, and ask for their advice on the matter. will post my findings as soon as

Smithy

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO RIDE ON THE PAVEMENT!!!!

sorry lol

but you cant, no matter how old you are or the type of bike you have!

JK

except 26"