26' Bias

because they're better than stupid little monkey bikes

That is exactly what he is talking about.

Yes i have noticed it and i think it is stupid as bike trials was started on 20" bikes. But it's the way trials has evolved and you can go a lot bigger on 26" bikes.

All we can do is get used to it or hope it changes.

haha! Doubt it - Stock from the beginning to the end!

We should all ride stock!

started on mods (MODified BMXes)

stocks were originally STOCK mountain bikes.

and now both have evolved into pure trials bikes of different wheelsizes. i think we should all ditch them and get 15inch mtb frames, llike back in the day. that'll sort the men from the boys

Smithy

That is exactly what he is talking about.

Yes i have noticed it and i think it is stupid as bike trials was started on 20" bikes. But it's the way trials has evolved and you can go a lot bigger on 26" bikes.

All we can do is get used to it or hope it changes.

You obvisolvy(sp) have never seen videos from the old World championships have you it's Hans Ray riding a 26" The Ot Pi on his mini bike.

Ohh cls bum bum bum bum and more bum! his arse has got to be killing him by now!

Anyway on topic, I switched last year and 26 is so much more controled ,looks better, You dont get the bmx comments and there's a better rang of parts.

Cheers

Adam

And people make topics on what is the point in validation. (here is your answer people)

Matt Rushton

Edited by matt rushton

My reason for switching to mod to stock is because i had a great offer (swap) lol but now im on a stock i feel more controlled etc. i also wont get anymore people saying 'nice BMX!!', that really annoys me <_<

JK

When you swap is it harder to hop etc??? Or you just got to get used to it??? When im in full time work and about 17/18 I might a 26" but then my mod will go to waste :(

~Matty

You obvisolvy(sp) have never seen videos from the old World championships have you it's Hans Ray riding a 26" The Ot Pi on his mini bike.

And people make topics on what is the point in validation. (here is your answer people)

Matt Rushton

Well not really as i still kept on topic yet just expressed my veiw which i'm sure quiet alot other other people would agree with <_<

Cheers

Adam

Ohh cls bum bum bum bum and more bum! his arse has got to be killing him by now!

Anyway on topic, I switched last year and 26 is so much more controled ,looks better, You dont get the bmx comments and there's a better rang of parts.

Cheers

Adam

How is that bumming craig saying hes a good rider :S.lol.Think your the one with the issues ;) .

Cheers

Adam

is someody jealous of cls's skills?....and its not rang it's RANGE!

that's not bumming it's stating that he is a 20" rider and is possibly one of england's best riders..i'm not bumming him..i don't even no him so why would i bum him?...also why not stick up for him if he is in the right?

Edited by ned1

that's not bumming it's stating that he is a 20" rider and is possibly one of england's best riders..i'm not bumming him..i don't even no him so why would i bum him?...also why not stick up for him if he is in the right?

Ned, people are like this sometimes. If anyone mentions anything positive about Craig Lee Scott, then the 'sheep crowd' will immediately swoop down and berate them and call them 'CLS Bummers'... how ignorant and assumptious.

But the statement about 26" being about to go bigger than 20" is wrong. Both can go similar heights and lengths for each move, it's just that one is easier for a certain move whilst the other is easier at another... Take sidehops for example, mods are easier to sidehop, yet stocks are easier to tap. But both still get similar heights.

I agree 26" is becoming more popular, and a lot of the 'go big' riders are 90% stock riders. But still, mod riders can still go big and have very good control too.

Benito Ros, Craig Lee Scott, Sam Wheeler, Andrew Chai, TRA... they all go pretty big on mods.

Ned, people are like this sometimes. If anyone mentions anything positive about Craig Lee Scott, then the 'sheep crowd' will immediately swoop down and berate them and call them 'CLS Bummers'... how ignorant and assumptious.

But the statement about 26" being about to go bigger than 20" is wrong. Both can go similar heights and lengths for each move, it's just that one is easier for a certain move whilst the other is easier at another... Take sidehops for example, mods are easier to sidehop, yet stocks are easier to tap. But both still get similar heights.

I agree 26" is becoming more popular, and a lot of the 'go big' riders are 90% stock riders. But still, mod riders can still go big and have very good control too.

Benito Ros, Craig Lee Scott, Sam Wheeler, Andrew Chai, TRA... they all go pretty big on mods.

I'm pretty sure his biggest riding has been on his 26" bikes, not the kiddie ones.

26" bikes are bigger, and harder to throw around. Yet when you see people going absolutely massive their nearly always on a big bike. Despite being slightly more of a challenge to ride i think for the bigger stuff they make it seem less daunting. If you'd got a massive drop gap lined up i think you'd be much more comfortable in trying it on the bigger bike than the smaller one that makes the gap look even bigger... i know i would.

And yes, you generally can go bigger on a stock bike, obviously there are exceptions, but for the majority of people a bigger bike makes things easier.

Why do you think 26" riders can ride mods competantly but mod riders struggle with 26"?.... because mods are learner bikes ;)