Quick Q For Ali C Or anyone Who Knows...

streetjibs

Been using Jagwire std pads for ages and loving how well they hold, bite and modulate :) but due to more grinding on rear rim the wear rate is getting to be a bit silly. pads now lasting roughly 4-6 wks!!

Im after a dece v pad thats quiet!! works well on a grind without pulling a disappearing act in less then two months... noticed ALI C has some quietish pads (winter vid) and just wondering what they are??? or what people find work best... Vees 4tw ;)

thx

erm i no this aint going to help out much but i use them plasmatic spanish flys (clear ones) on the front on smooth rim and there quiet and they lock and hold but theres a lot of modualation in there :D these pads are quiet

would it be easier to buy them onza maggy/vee adaptors so u can run maggy pads in the vee, that way can run what ever you like then. for a maggy pad though i suggest phat pads in cnc backings (there same compound as ali c's but with the metal backings)

hope this helps mate

I am using koxx browns which are ace, had them for almost a year now and at this wear rate they wil probably last until 2009.

This is in some heatsink or similar adaptors too :)

yeaaa koxx browns ***! go for koxx imo ^_^ and im runing mine in oza vee adaptoprs:D

michael

Heatsink reds work best on a grind and last over most 90% of other pads. No sponge extremely stiff in cnc'd backings.

Plaz vflys, offer loads more grip but won't last 5 minutes on a grind. More of a smooth rim brake style. Offer really good bite. Noise wise they are loud depending on what rim your running. Have a little bit of sponge. I wouldn't mind trying these out on a dx32 black rim surface. Probably work really well.

Few others to look for rock greens and plaz yellows. Never heard anything from them yet though.

veees ont front are amazing!

when i first got mine i used plaz spanish flys (clear uns) they were good, BUT! VERRRRRRY! spongey

now ive got some plaz crvs (yellow uns) and there absolutly amazing! smooth rim tiny bit o tar, anyone whos bin on my bike will vouch for me on this one :sick:

ive always had trouble with front brakes, like iv always wanted a brake that doesnt role what so ever because when i gap to front i like to stop dead, but my 203 avid used to role about 2 inch, and maggie about the same, so when i wanted to do big gaps to sumthing thin i would bail..booooooooooooo! >_<

now though! iv found my front brake set up..v brake and plaz crvs :)(Y)