My New Bike!

spode@thinkbikes

spode1.jpg

spode2.jpg

spode3.jpg

spode4.jpg

spode5.jpg

spode6.jpg

Just finished being built at Tarty and being shipped my way now :)

200mm disc on the back, 180mm on the front. Tensile freewheel on a DMR revolver hub (60 engagements). Middleburn cranks at the front (20/18 gearing).

Echo Urban Forks, Zoo Bars, Echo Headset, Revvel rims (I think). Hope hub on the front. Maxxis tyres front and rear. Echo cage pedals.

WOOOO! Can't wait to get back from Prague and power her up :)

Well the Simtra is +40mm as standard. So if I wanted to go for a 180mm, I'd have had to file the frame slightly.

Yeah, it's all entirely new bits. I've still got the KOT and I'll be using that for riding demos still (as will Dave). This is my street bike, so it's a little heavier and I'm hoping will take the knocks a little better. Last thing I need is a bike failing the day before a demo :)

I'm expecting the new KOT frames in soon as well, so when I've rebuilt that bike (minus rear wheel atm!) I'll post pics of that :)

Well all I can say is, I've known the bloke for about 10 or so years, and i'm not sure........

Remember the night on the lash in Tenterden Spode? The Policeman and the Telephone Pole?

Darren

What's your beef?

And Darren - Lawrence Hermandes? hmmm?

Well I figure, bikes must be men. Because when something breaks, you can use logic to work out what's wrong :P

Phil does.

Unless you're gay :turned:

Well, you'd know! So, erm, did you lift it's skirt up and check?

Phillipa Mason's Sister...............

Darren

What's your beef?

And Darren - Lawrence Hermandes? hmmm?

Well I figure, bikes must be men. Because when something breaks, you can use logic to work out what's wrong :P

Well, you'd know! So, erm, did you lift it's skirt up and check?

I think I actually just creamed....

That is sooo mint

Don't mean to be pessamistic but I don't know how well you'll get on with that gusset tensioner, I have one and it has let me down a lot - nothing drastic just won't keep the chain tight (N)

Nathan :)

Phillipa Mason's Sister...............

Darren

You What?

I think I actually just creamed....

That is sooo mint

Don't mean to be pessamistic but I don't know how well you'll get on with that gusset tensioner, I have one and it has let me down a lot - nothing drastic just won't keep the chain tight (N)

Nathan :)

Yeah, I wasn't sure myself. I'll see how I get on with it. I'm using a Rohloff on my KOT and love that. So I might get another one of those.

I'm running that tensioner. Like you said, its not very good at holding tension. Will slacken quickly sometimes I've found it just will *snap* loose and then I'll have to re-tension it all. Sucky.

Bikes looking lush spode. I dunno what it is... But I'm not a big fan of them Simtras but yours looks dead smart. :) When you riding london next?