Snapped Zona Zenith

JoNnY__Mc

well... had the frame since about septemberish... its snapped on the driveside chainstay (will get pics tomorrow)

where do i stand on warrenty??? (im asking this as its only 6 months old, and there atleast 2 onza badges on the frame, will i get a half price replacement???)

are supercycles still going?

Can anyone tell me - is the fact that Zona is an anagram of Onza more than a coincidence? Is one a sub-brand of the other?

There the same company. I think Zona is just the name they give to frames that are effectively a copy of other brands, rather than there own new ideas. (and before anyone says it, the t-pros came out like that before zona existed).

Was it an ebay one...They held no warrenty apparently..

Anyway, another frame!?!? WTF..Dude..sshhmooooth is the future

thats gay, but im sure my dad ordered mine over the phone with supercycles...

and yeah... another frame, if i get a half price replacement and im allowed to choose any frame... its gonna be a mod...

is there anyway i can get much smoother??????

If the product breaks due to a fault, then it should be covered by the warranty. You'll have to let them know of the exact details and take the frame over to them so they can have a alook themselves and they can decide if its worthy of warranty or half price replacement.

The onza/tensile half price crash replacement policy entitles the original purchaser to claim back half the original RRP of the broken product for use against anything in their shop (which may or may not still be going). Its a "no questions asked" policy, so covers anything really.

The only written details i've seen about this policy are from before zona were established, so i'm unsure as to whether it would apply to them.

Best thing to do though jonny is to ring them up and explain and they'll tell you where to go from there. But if its a mod your after you could use the half price replacement against a zona zip or something of the like.

gonna give them a bell now, will let you know the result of my phone call momentarily :)

After a few trys I got through, greeted by a grumpy arsehole...

After breifly explaining my situation, he went away and come back about 5 minutes later and said he could replace the frame for £170, I asked him why the onza half price replacement rule doesnt count, even though the frame has onza logos. To this his response was "that was a mistake by the people who made them in Taiwan, these frames are high quality and we do not get them for the same price as onzas".... I then said, "if its so high quality why has it snapped in 6 months and why are you letting them go for £200 with a free king headset"... He paused for a second, and then told me to send the frame back to them so they could have a look at it, he gave me the adress and hung up.

I'm unimpressed with the attitude of the bloke and I am deffinately not buying another frame off supercycles.

What do you reckon???

After a few trys I got through, greeted by a grumpy arsehole...

After breifly explaining my situation, he went away and come back about 5 minutes later and said he could replace the frame for £170, I asked him why the onza half price replacement rule doesnt count, even though the frame has onza logos. To this his response was "that was a mistake by the people who made them in Taiwan, these frames are high quality and we do not get them for the same price as onzas".... I then said, "if its so high quality why has it snapped in 6 months and why are you letting them go for £200 with a free king headset"... He paused for a second, and then told me to send the frame back to them so they could have a look at it, he gave me the adress and hung up.

I'm unimpressed with the attitude of the bloke and I am deffinately not buying another frame off supercycles.

What do you reckon???

He hung up on you?

Phone them back and ask to speak to the head honcho there. Explain your situation and how you were 'handled', and that the person taking the call hung up on you without closing the call. It's not hard to say goodbye or at least be polite on the phone.

He really should have explained to you that generally they do not have a half price replacement scheme for the zona's aswell and wether or not actually sending it to them could give you the possibility of getting a half price replacement. He doen't even have to gurantee it, but he should explain why he want's to see the frame if they strictly do not have a half price replacement policy.

When I phoned supercycles to order some tensile mounts, I didn't have a problem with them, I must admit it wasn't as smooth a process as ordering with tarty, but I do that more often and perhaps am just used to how they do it, but their manner on the phone is allways top notch, same with Cleanbikes and Trialsmann/Koxx UK.

Did you get the guys name? Everytime you speak to somewhere get the persons name, and keep a record of what's going on, it'll help in the event that things go tits up.

What do you reckon???

It's a Zona, not an Onza. It isn't covered by the half price replacement scheme.

Hypothetically if it was covered by half price replacement you are looking at half of the full retail price of 300 quid, frame only.

Any part has to be returned to us for any claim.

If it's half price, then we need to scrap the original item.

If it's a warranty claim (which it sounds like) we need to inspect it and scrap it if we send out a replacement.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong (especially on here) but this is the first Zenith frame break I have heard of.

It's a Zona, not an Onza. It isn't covered by the half price replacement scheme.

Hypothetically if it was covered by half price replacement you are looking at half of the full retail price of 300 quid, frame only.

If it's a warranty claim (which it sounds like) we need to inspect it and scrap it if we send out a replacement.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong (especially on here) but this is the first Zenith frame break I have heard of.

He is a fatty though.

:P

Danny.

Pity the guy on the phone couldn't have just said that isn't it? That's a proper answer.

Pity the guy on the phone couldn't have just said that isn't it? That's a proper answer.

yep... i have the adress now, hate talking to people over the phone anyways... so im going to see him with my dad sometime this week and see how his attitude it then.

Didn't read your post sorry, I have read it now though (Y) Thats fair enough, but why the hell has it got onza logos??? Its blatently an onza face it... if not its copying onza by copying all the letters from the onza name...

Ofcourse... Sorry im wrong its a high quality frame from taiwan with the wrong logos :rolleyes: ... Its actually a zona... But I have never seen an adamant frame with an onza logo... or an echo with a zoo lgo *-)

Sorry... Just seems like bullshit to me...

Anyway, I'll be bringing the frame down to the adress the shop gave me and we can sort it out there ;)

yep... i have the adress now, hate talking to people over the phone anyways... so im going to see him with my dad sometime this week and see how his attitude it then.

Didn't read your post sorry, I have read it now though (Y) Thats fair enough, but why the hell has it got onza logos??? Its blatently an onza face it... if not its copying onza by copying all the letters from the onza name...

Ofcourse... Sorry im wrong its a high quality frame from taiwan with the wrong logos :rolleyes: ... Its actually a zona... But I have never seen an adamant frame with an onza logo... or an echo with a zoo lgo *-)

Sorry... Just seems like bullshit to me...

Anyway, I'll be bringing the frame down to the adress the shop gave me and we can sort it out there ;)

Deng stuffs from china ;)

What happens if you decide its not a warranty job and not eligeble for HPR, does it still get scrapped or will you send it back to him. Not something i'm really bothered about but its a question he asked me over msn and i thought i'd ask in this topic as i didn't know the answer.

Danny, he's not really fat... he's 2.5 stone lighter than i am.

don't post pic's, probobly better to not post in this topic anymore, especially with 'that' clause in the replacement T&C's

sorry if i'm missing something blatently obvious, but why shouldn't he post pictures now?

There is some clause in their half price replacement scheme that says something to the effect of if you do bad mouth or post pics of them online then they can refuse to honour the scheme, wether or not that's even an issue I don't know, it may afterall not be covered anyway....

There is some clause in their half price replacement scheme that says something to the effect of if you do bad mouth or post pics of them online then they can refuse to honour the scheme, wether or not that's even an issue I don't know, it may afterall not be covered anyway....

spose i have bin bad mouthing :P... i havent posted any pictures due to having no camera (Y)

spose i have bin bad mouthing :P... i havent posted any pictures due to having no camera (Y)

you havent really, only about them being a bit shit with phones, but that seemed prety fair imo. i doubt it's put many people, if any, off the zona frames anyway.